- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 505274, 9 pages
Obesity and Pulmonary Hypertension: A Review of Pathophysiologic Mechanisms
1Section of Cardiology, Heart and Vascular Center, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
2Department of Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Received 3 March 2012; Accepted 18 July 2012
Academic Editor: David Allison
Copyright © 2012 Scott E. Friedman and Bruce W. Andrus. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Christoph A. Kauppert, Iris Dvorak, Florian Kollert, Frank Heinemann, Rudolf A. Jörres, Michael Pfeifer, and Stephan Budweiser, “Pulmonary hypertension in obesity-hypoventilation syndrome,” Respiratory Medicine, 2013.
- P. Priou, W. Trzepizur, and F. Gagnadoux, “Le syndrome obésité-hypoventilation: revue de la littérature,” Réanimation, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 455–461, 2013.
- Zhi-Hong Yang, Jiro Takeo, and Masashi Katayama, “Oral administration of omega-7 palmitoleic acid induces satiety and the release of appetite-related hormones in male rats,” Appetite, vol. 65, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Vandenbos, Peuchot, and Figueredo, “Fortuitous discovery of obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome during investigation of pulmonary hypertension suspected by echocardiography,” Medecine du Sommeil, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 42–45, 2013.
- Yochai Adir, Joan Albert Barbera, Hunter Champion, John Gerard Coghlan, Vincent Cottin, Teresa De Marco, Nazzareno Galie, Stefano Ghio, Simon Gibbs, Fernando J. Martinez, Marc J. Semigran, Gerald Simonneau, Athol U. Wells, and Jean-Luc Vachiery, “Pulmonary Hypertension in Chronic Lung Diseases,” Journal of The American College of Cardiology, vol. 62, no. 25, pp. D109–D116, 2013.
- Julia Grapsa, Timothy C. Tan, Stavroula A. Paschou, Andreas S. Kalogeropoulos, Avi Shimony, Thomas Kaier, Ozan M. Demir, Sameh Mikhail, Sherif Hakky, Sanjay Purkayastha, Ahmed R. Ahmed, Jonathan Cousins, and Petros Nihoyannopoulos, “The effect of bariatric surgery on echocardiographic indices: a review of the literature,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1224–1230, 2013.
- Belinda H. McCully, Wohaib Hasan, Cole T. Streiff, Jennifer C. Houle, William R. Woodward, George D. Giraud, Virginia L. Brooks, and Beth A. Habecker, “Sympathetic cardiac hyperinnervation and atrial autonomic imbalance in diet-induced obesity promote cardiac arrhythmias,” American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology, vol. 305, no. 10, pp. H1530–H1537, 2013.
- Branislava Ivanovic, and Cesare Cuspidi, “Metabolic syndrome and right ventricle: An updated review,” European Journal Of Internal Medicine, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 608–616, 2013.
- Masood Ali, Ian E. Smith, Atul Gulati, and John M. Shneerson, “Pre-flight assessment in patients with obesity hypoventilation syndrome,” Respirology, 2014.
- Leila Hosseinian, “Pulmonary Hypertension and Noncardiac Surgery: Implications for the Anesthesiologist,” Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia, 2014.
- Amirmasoud Zangiabadi, Carmine G. De Pasquale, and Dimitar Sajkov, “Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Heart Dysfunction in Chronic Lung Disease,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–13, 2014.