- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 601872, 8 pages
Being Normal Weight but Feeling Overweight in Adolescence May Affect Weight Development into Young Adulthood—An 11-Year Followup: The HUNT Study, Norway
1HUNT Research Center, Department of Public Health and General Practice, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Forskningsveien 2, 7600 Levanger, Norway
2Research Department, Levanger Hospital, Nord-Trøndelag Health Trust, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Received 28 September 2011; Revised 9 February 2012; Accepted 15 March 2012
Academic Editor: Simone Lemieux
Copyright © 2012 Koenraad Cuypers et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Josefina Bressan, Fernanda de Carvalho Vidigal, and Helen Hermana M. Hermsdorff, “Social Components of the Obesity Epidemic,” Current Obesity Reports, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 32–41, 2012.
- Maria Cecília F. Assunção, Ludmila C. Muniz, Samuel C. Dumith, Valerie L. Clark, Cora L.P. Araújo, Helen Gonçalves, Ana M.B. Menezes, and Pedro C. Hallal, “Predictors of body mass index change from 11 to 15 years of age: The 1993 Pelotas (Brazil) birth cohort study,” Journal of Adolescent Health, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. S65–S69, 2012.
- Pedro J. Teixeira, Jutta Mata, Geoffrey C. Williams, Amy A. Gorin, and Simone Lemieux, “Self-Regulation, Motivation, and Psychosocial Factors in Weight Management,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2012, pp. 1–4, 2012.
- K. Midthjell, C. M. Y. Lee, A. Langhammer, S. Krokstad, T. L. Holmen, K. Hveem, S. Colagiuri, and J. Holmen, “Trends in overweight and obesity over 22 years in a large adult population: the HUNT Study, Norway,” Clinical Obesity, vol. 3, no. 1-2, pp. 12–20, 2013.
- Hao T. Duong, and Robert E. Roberts, “Perceived weight in youths and risk of overweight or obesity six years later,” Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 2013.
- Hyeyoung Park, and Hongmie Lee, “Wanting Extremely Low BMI May be Associated with Higher Depression and Undesirable Dietary Habits in High School Girls Who were Not Overweight,” Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 344, 2013.
- J M Liechty, and M-J Lee, “Body size estimation and other psychosocial risk factors for obesity onset among US adolescents: findings from a longitudinal population level study,” International Journal of Obesity, 2014.
- Robert E. Roberts, and Hao T. Duong, “Is there an association between adolescent sleep restriction and obesity,” Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 2015.
- Gemma Knowles, Fiona Chun Man Ling, G. Neil Thomas, Peymane Adab, and Alison M. McManus, “Body size dissatisfaction among young Chinese children in Hong Kong: a cross-sectional study,” Public Health Nutrition, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1067–1074, 2015.
- Ann E. Macpherson-Sánchez, “Integrating Fundamental Concepts of Obesity and Eating Disorders: Implications for the Obesity Epidemic,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. e71–e85, 2015.
- Ofra Duchin, Constanza Marin, Mercedes Mora-Plazas, Carlos Mendes de Leon, Joyce M. Lee, Ana Baylin, and Eduardo Villamor, “A prospective study of body image dissatisfaction and BMI change in school-age children,” Public Health Nutrition, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 322–328, 2015.
- Ingunn Holden Bergh, Øivind Skare, Annalena Aase, Knut-Inge Klepp, and Nanna Lien, “Weight development from age 13 to 30 years and adolescent socioeconomic status: The Norwegian Longitudinal Health Behaviour study,” International Journal of Public Health, 2015.
- Seulki Park, Taisun Hyun, and Hongmie Lee, “Weight Control Behaviors, Health-related Quality of Life and Nutritional Status by Overestimation of Body Image among Young Korean Females: Data from the Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2010-2011,” Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 362, 2015.
- Andrea E. Kass, Megan Jones, Rachel P. Kolko, Myra Altman, Ellen E. Fitzsimmons-Craft, Dawn M. Eichen, Katherine N. Balantekin, Mickey Trockel, C. Barr Taylor, and Denise E. Wilfley, “Universal prevention efforts should address eating disorder pathology across the weight spectrum: Implications for screening and intervention on college campuses,” Eating Behaviors, 2016.
- Inger M. Oellingrath, Ingebjorg Hestetun, and Martin V. Svendsen, “Gender-specific association of weight perception and appearance satisfaction with slimming attempts and eating patterns in a sample of young Norwegian,” Public Health Nutrition, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 265–274, 2016.