- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 634048, 6 pages
Weight and Body Composition Changes during the First Three Years of College
1Department of Nutrition, Dietetics, and Hospitality Management, Auburn University, 101 Poultry Science Building, AL 36849, USA
2Department of Consumer Affairs, Auburn University, 308 Spidle Hall, AL 36849, USA
Received 19 April 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Academic Editor: Francesco Saverio Papadia
Copyright © 2012 Sareen S. Gropper et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michael V. Fedewa, Bhibha M. Das, Ellen M. Evans, and Rod K. Dishman, “Change in Weight and Adiposity in College Students,” American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2014.
- Gina Merchant, Nadir Weibel, Kevin Patrick, James H Fowler, Greg J Norman, Anjali Gupta, Christina Servetas, Karen Calfas, Ketaki Raste, Laura Pina, Mike Donohue, William G Griswold, and Simon Marshall, “Click “Like” to Change Your Behavior: A Mixed Methods Study of College Students’ Exposure to and Engagement With Facebook Content Designed for Weight Loss,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. e158, 2014.
- Maria Nelia Soto Ruiz, Ines Aguinaga Ontoso, Navidad Canga Armayor, Francisco Guillen-Grima, Juana Hermoso de Mendoza, Inmaculada Serrano Monzo, and Blanca Marin Fernandez, “Changes In Body Weight Of The University Students At University,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 2400–2406, 2015.
- Paul de Vos, Christoph Hanck, Marjolein Neisingh, Dennis Prak, Henk Groen, and Marijke M. Faas, “Weight gain in freshman college students and perceived health,” Preventive Medicine Reports, 2015.
- Wolfgang Kemmler, Matthias Kohl, Michael Bebenek, and Simon von Stengel, “Entwicklung von Übergewicht und Adipositas im jungen Erwachsenenalter – Stellenwert berufsbedingter Veränderungen des Sporttreibens auf Fettmasse, fettfreie Masse und Körpermasse bei Studenten,” Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift, 2015.
- Camille Bolze, Katherine Gray-Donald, Erika N. Dugas, and Jennifer O'Loughlin, “Predictors of Weight Loss in Young Adults,” Childhood Obesity, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 541–548, 2015.
- Janna Stephens, Gyasi Moscou-Jackson, and Jerilyn K. Allen, “Young Adults, Technology, and Weight Loss: A Focus Group Study,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2015, pp. 1–6, 2015.
- Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, Caitlin Slevin, Lisa Militello, Jacqueline Hoying, Alice Teall, and Colleen McGovern, “Physical health, lifestyle beliefs and behaviors, and mental health of entering graduate health professional students: Evidence to support screening and early intervention,” Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 2016.
- Anna A. Filipova, and Cheri L. Stoffel, “The Prevalence of Binge Eating Disorder and its Relationship to Work and Classroom Productivity and Activity Impairment,” Journal of American College Health, pp. 00–00, 2016.