- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 729283, 7 pages
The Impact of Obesity on Back and Core Muscular Endurance in Firefighters
1School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences and Office of Clinical Research (RC), Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B. Downs Boulevard, MDC77, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
2Vert Mooney Research Foundation, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
3Palladian Health, West Seneca, NY 14224, USA
Received 13 September 2012; Revised 25 October 2012; Accepted 25 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jack A. Yanovski
Copyright © 2012 John M. Mayer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michael A. Hamilton, Lesley Strawderman, Kari Babski-Reeves, and Brendon Hale, “Effects of BMI and task parameters on joint angles during simulated small parts assembly,” International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 417–424, 2013.
- Pui W. Kong, Joe Suyama, and David Hostler, “A review of risk factors of accidental slips, trips, and falls among firefighters,” Safety Science, vol. 60, pp. 203–209, 2013.
- John M. Mayer, James L. Nuzzo, and Simon Dagenais, “Use of participant focus groups to identify barriers and facilitators to worksite exercise therapy adherence in randomized controlled trials involving firefighters,” Patient Preference And Adherence, vol. 7, pp. 207–215, 2013.
- Lora A. Cavuoto, and Maury A. Nussbaum, “Influences of Obesity on Job Demands and Worker Capacity,” Current Obesity Reports, 2014.
- Sevtap Günay, Yücel Yildirim, and Didem Karadibak, “The effect of the muscle endurance training on the chronic low back pain,” Türk Fizyoterapi ve Rehabilitasyon Dergisi/Turkish Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, vol. 25, no. 1, 2014.
- Mark A. Sutherlin, and Joseph M. Hart, “Hip Function and Predictors of Subjective Outcomes in Individuals With a History of Low Back Pain,” Athletic Training & Sports Health Care, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 108–116, 2015.
- Austin L. Brown, Walker S. C. Poston, Sara A. Jahnke, C. Keith Haddock, Sheng Luo, George L. Delclos, and R. Sue Day, “Weight loss advice and prospective weight change among overweight firefighters,” International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health, pp. 1–7, 2016.
- Sapan D. Gandhi, and Kristen E. Radcliff, “Obesity in lumbar spine surgery,” Current Orthopaedic Practice, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 135–139, 2016.