- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 730409, 15 pages
Influence of Running and Walking on Hormonal Regulators of Appetite in Women
1Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
2Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
3Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
4Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Received 14 October 2011; Accepted 22 December 2011
Academic Editor: Pietro Forestieri
Copyright © 2012 D. Enette Larson-Meyer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Svidnicki, de Carvalho Leite, Venturelli, Camargo, Vicari, de Almeida, Artoni, Nogaroto, and Grassiolli, “Swim training restores glucagon-like peptide-1 insulinotropic action in pancreatic islets from monosodium glutamate-obese rats,” Acta Physiologica, vol. 209, no. 1, pp. 34–44, 2013.
- Matthew M. Schubert, Ben Desbrow, Surendran Sabapathy, and Michael Leveritt, “Acute exercise and subsequent energy intake. A meta-analysis,” Appetite, vol. 63, pp. 92–104, 2013.
- Mads Rosenkilde, Michala Holm Reichkendler, Pernille Auerbach, Signe Torang, Anne Sofie Gram, Thorkil Ploug, Jens Juul Holst, Anders Sjodin, and Bente Stallknecht, “Appetite regulation in overweight, sedentary men after different amounts of endurance exercise: a randomized controlled trial,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 115, no. 11, pp. 1599–1609, 2013.
- Matthew M. Schubert, Surendran Sabapathy, Michael Leveritt, and Ben Desbrow, “Acute Exercise and Hormones Related to Appetite Regulation: A Meta-Analysis,” Sports Medicine, 2013.
- Kevin C. Dellsperger, Timothy D. Heden, Ying Liu, Jill A. Kanaley, and Youngmin Park, “Acute aerobic exercise differentially alters acylated ghrelin and perceived fullness in normal-weight and obese individuals,” Journal Of Applied Physiology, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 680–687, 2013.
- K. Sozbir, K. Aydin, U. Karli, G. Ozen, B. Schoenfeld, S. Ozen, S. Cogalgil, G. Tiryaki-Sonmez, and G. Bugdayci, “Effect Of Exercise On Appetite-Regulating Hormones In Overweight Women,” Biology Of Sport, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 75–80, 2013.
- Jamie A. Cooper, “Factors affecting circulating levels of peptide YY in humans: a comprehensive review,” Nutrition Research Reviews, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 186–197, 2014.
- Sean Manning, and Rachel L. Batterham, “The Role of Gut Hormone Peptide YY in Energy and Glucose Homeostasis: Twelve Years On,” Annual Review of Physiology, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 585–608, 2014.
- Katy M. Horner, Matthew M. Schubert, Ben Desbrow, Nuala M. Byrne, and Neil A. King, “Acute Exercise and Gastric Emptying: A Meta-Analysis and Implications for Appetite Control,” Sports Medicine, 2014.
- Stephanie M. Howe, Taryn M. Hand, and Melinda M. Manore, “Exercise-Trained Men and Women: Role of Exercise and Diet on Appetite and Energy Intake,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 4935–4960, 2014.
- Joseph E. Donnelly, Stephen D. Herrmann, Kate Lambourne, Amanda N. Szabo, Jeffery J. Honas, and Richard A. Washburn, “Does Increased Exercise or Physical Activity Alter Ad-Libitum Daily Energy Intake or Macronutrient Composition in Healthy Adults? A Systematic Review,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- Clemens Drenowatz, “Reciprocal Compensation to Changes in Dietary Intake and Energy Expenditure within the Concept of Energy Balance,” Advances In Nutrition, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 592–599, 2015.
- A. Melin, Å. B. Tornberg, S. Skouby, S. S. Møller, J. Faber, J. Sundgot-Borgen, and A. Sjödin, “Low-energy density and high fiber intake are dietary concerns in female endurance athletes,” Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 2015.
- Joel Rocha, Jenny Paxman, Caroline Dalton, Edward Winter, and David Broom, “Effects of an acute bout of aerobic exercise on immediate and subsequent three-day food intake and energy expenditure in active and inactive pre-menopausal women taking oral contraceptives,” Appetite, vol. 89, pp. 183–191, 2015.
- Carmen Rodriguez, Maribel Quezada-Feijoo, Carmen Toro, Gonzalo Baron-Esquivias, Eduardo Segura, Alipio Mangas, and Rocio Toro, “Performance Of Entero-Insular Axis In An Athletic Population: Diet And Exercise Influence,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 2187–2194, 2015.
- Chihiro Kojima, Hiroto Sasaki, Yoshifumi Tsuchiya, and Kazushige Goto, “The influence of environmental temperature on appetite-related hormonal responses,” Journal of Physiological Anthropology, vol. 34, no. 1, 2015.
- Cristiane Moraes, Sandra Marinho, Julie Calixto Lobo, Milena B. Stockler-Pinto, Amanda F. Barros, Ludmilla Viana Jacobson, Antonio Claudio Lucas da Nobrega, Maria Luiza Garcia Rosa, and Mafra Denise, “Effects of resistance exercise training on acyl-ghrelin and obestatin levels in hemodialysis patients,” Renal Failure, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 851–857, 2015.
- Tom J. Hazell, Hashim Islam, Logan K. Townsend, Matt S. Schmale, and Jennifer L. Copeland, “Effects of exercise intensity on plasma concentrations of appetite-regulating hormones: Potential mechanisms,” Appetite, 2015.
- Daniel R. Crabtree, and Andrew K. Blannin, “Effects of Exercise in the Cold on Ghrelin, PYY, and Food Intake in Overweight Adults,” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 49–57, 2015.
- Nawal Alajmi, Kevin Deighton, James A. King, Alvaro Reischak-Oliveira, Lucy K. Wasse, Jenny Jones, Rachel L. Batterham, and David J. Stensel, “Appetite and Energy Intake Responses to Acute Energy Deficits in Females versus Males,” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 412–420, 2016.