- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 730409, 15 pages
Influence of Running and Walking on Hormonal Regulators of Appetite in Women
1Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
2Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
3Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
4Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Received 14 October 2011; Accepted 22 December 2011
Academic Editor: Pietro Forestieri
Copyright © 2012 D. Enette Larson-Meyer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Svidnicki, de Carvalho Leite, Venturelli, Camargo, Vicari, de Almeida, Artoni, Nogaroto, and Grassiolli, “Swim training restores glucagon-like peptide-1 insulinotropic action in pancreatic islets from monosodium glutamate-obese rats,” Acta Physiologica, vol. 209, no. 1, pp. 34–44, 2013.
- Matthew M. Schubert, Ben Desbrow, Surendran Sabapathy, and Michael Leveritt, “Acute exercise and subsequent energy intake. A meta-analysis,” Appetite, vol. 63, pp. 92–104, 2013.
- Mads Rosenkilde, Michala Holm Reichkendler, Pernille Auerbach, Signe Torang, Anne Sofie Gram, Thorkil Ploug, Jens Juul Holst, Anders Sjodin, and Bente Stallknecht, “Appetite regulation in overweight, sedentary men after different amounts of endurance exercise: a randomized controlled trial,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 115, no. 11, pp. 1599–1609, 2013.
- Matthew M. Schubert, Surendran Sabapathy, Michael Leveritt, and Ben Desbrow, “Acute Exercise and Hormones Related to Appetite Regulation: A Meta-Analysis,” Sports Medicine, 2013.
- K. Sozbir, K. Aydin, U. Karli, G. Ozen, B. Schoenfeld, S. Ozen, S. Cogalgil, G. Tiryaki-Sonmez, and G. Bugdayci, “Effect Of Exercise On Appetite-Regulating Hormones In Overweight Women,” Biology Of Sport, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 75–80, 2013.
- Kevin C. Dellsperger, Timothy D. Heden, Ying Liu, Jill A. Kanaley, and Youngmin Park, “Acute aerobic exercise differentially alters acylated ghrelin and perceived fullness in normal-weight and obese individuals,” Journal Of Applied Physiology, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 680–687, 2013.
- Sean Manning, and Rachel L. Batterham, “The Role of Gut Hormone Peptide YY in Energy and Glucose Homeostasis: Twelve Years On,” Annual Review of Physiology, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 585–608, 2014.