- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 828737, 9 pages
Complications, Reoperations, and Nutrient Deficiencies Two Years after Sleeve Gastrectomy
1Department of General, Abdominal and Pediatric, Surgery, Municipal Hospital, Straße des Friedens 122, 07548 Gera, Germany
2Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Received 1 February 2012; Accepted 18 March 2012
Academic Editor: G. Silecchia
Copyright © 2012 Nicole Pech et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. T. James, N. Rigby, and R. Leach, “The obesity epidemic, metabolic syndrome and future prevention strategies,” European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 3–8, 2004.
- M. Deitel, “Overweight and obesity worldwide now estimated to involve 1.7 Billion people,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 329–330, 2003.
- Statistisches-Bundesamt. 2010. Mikrozensus. 2009 Wiesbaden: Statistisches Bundesamt. Federal Statistical Office. 2010 Microcensus. 2009 Wiesbaden: Federal Statistical Office.
- P. T. Katzmarzyk, C. L. Craig, and C. Bouchard, “Original article underweight, overweight and obesity: relationships with mortality in the 13-year follow-up of the Canada Fitness Survey,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 916–920, 2001.
- T. von Lengerke, P. Reitmeir, and J. John, “Direct medical costs of obesity: a Bottom-up comparison of over- vs. normalweight adults of KORA- study region,” Health Service, vol. 2006, no. 2, pp. 110–115, 2006.
- M. Gagner and T. Rogula, “Laparoscopic reoperative sleeve gastrectomy for poor weight loss after biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 649–654, 2003.
- F. X. Felberbauer, F. B. Langer, S. Shakeri-Leidenmuhler, A. Bohdjalian, and G. Prager, “What means and to which end we perform obesity surgery?” Journal of Nutritional Medicine, vol. 12, no. 2, p. 19, 2010.
- M. M. Abdul-Razek, “Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG) In Morbid Obesity: Review,” 2008, http://www.laparoscopyhospital.com/TABLE_OF_CONTENTS_files/pdf/Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG)In Morbid Obesity Review.pdf.
- N. Runkel, M. Colombo-Benkmann, T. P. Hüttl et al., “Evidence-based German guidelines for surgery for obesity,” International Journal of Colorectal Disease, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 397–404, 2011.
- S. Sauerland, L. Angrisani, M. Belachew et al., “Obesity surgery: evidence-based guidelines of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (E.A.E.S.),” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 200–221, 2005.
- D. Cottam, F. G. Qureshi, S. G. Mattar et al., “Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy as an initial weight-loss procedure for high-risk patients with morbid obesity,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 859–863, 2006.
- J. Himpens, J. Dobbeleir, and G. Peeters, “Long-term results of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for obesity,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 252, no. 2, pp. 319–324, 2010.
- H. Buchwald, Y. Avidor, E. Braunwald et al., “Bariatric surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 292, no. 14, pp. 1724–1737, 2004, Review. Erratum in: JAMA, vol. 293, no. 14, pp. 1728, 2005.
- S. Aggarwal, S. U. Kini, and D. M. Herron, “Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesity: a review,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 189–194, 2007.
- T. P. Hüttl, F. W. Obeidat, K. G. Parhofer, et al., “Operative techniques and outcomes in metabolic surgery: sleeve gastrectomy,” Zentralbl Chir, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 24–31, 2009.
- D. Johnston, J. Dachtler, H. M. Sue-Ling, R. F. King, and I. G. Martin, “The Magenstrasse and Mill operation for morbid obesity,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 10–16, 2003.
- B. Gluck, B. Movitz, S. Jansma, J. Gluck, and K. Laskowski, “Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy is a safe and effective bariatric procedure for the lower BMI (35.0–43.0 kg/m(2)) population,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1168–1171, 2010.
- M. Deitel, M. Gagner, A. L. Erickson, and R. D. Crosby, “Third international summit: current status of sleeve gastrectomy,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 749–759, 2011.
- C. Stroh, D. Birk, R. Flade- Kuthe et al., “Results of sleeve gastrectomy-data from a nationwide survey on bariatric surgery in Germany,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 632–640, 2009.
- M. Gagner and C. Boza, “Laparoscopic duodenal switch for morbid obesity,” Expert Review of Medical Devices, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 105–112, 2006.