- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 852743, 3 pages
Sedentary Behaviors, Weight, and Health and Disease Risks
1Department of Nutrition, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
2Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
3Department of Kinesiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
4Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73126, USA
Received 1 November 2011; Accepted 1 November 2011
Copyright © 2012 Hollie A. Raynor et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ada Avila Assuncao, and Luiz Sergio da Silva, “Working conditions on public buses and common mental disorders among drivers and fare collectors: Greater Metropolitan Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais State, Brazil, 2012,” Cadernos de Saude Publica, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 2473–2486, 2013.
- Dale S. Bond, J. Graham Thomas, Jessica L. Unick, Hollie A. Raynor, Sivamainthan Vithiananthan, and Rena R. Wing, “Self-reported and objectively measured sedentary behavior in bariatric surgery candidates,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 123–128, 2013.
- F. Kreuser, K. Kromeyer-Hauschild, A. Gollhofer, U. Korsten-Reck, and K. Röttger, ““Obese Equals Lazy?” Analysis of the Association between Weight Status and Physical Activity in Children,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Charles Sossa, Hélène Delisle, Victoire Agueh, Roger Sodjinou, Gervais Ntandou, and Michel Makoutodé, “Lifestyle and Dietary Factors Associated with the Evolution of Cardiometabolic Risk over Four Years in West-African Adults: The Benin Study,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Jolanda Hyska, Ehadu Mersini, Iris Mone, and Genc Burazeri, “Prevalence and Demographic Correlates of Overweight and Obesity Among Children in a Transitional Southeastern European Population,” Journal of Community Health, 2014.
- Alyson J. Littman, Edward J. Boyko, Mary Lou Thompson, Jodie K. Haselkorn, Bruce J. Sangeorzan, and David E. Arterburn, “Physical activity barriers and enablers in older Veterans with lower-limb amputation,” Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 895–906, 2014.
- Emily B. Falk, Matthew Brook O’Donnell, Christopher N. Cascio, Francis Tinney, Yoona Kang, Matthew D. Lieberman, Shelley E. Taylor, Lawrence An, Kenneth Resnicow, and Victor J. Strecher, “Self-affirmation alters the brain’s response to health messages and subsequent behavior change,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 112, no. 7, pp. 1977–1982, 2015.
- Renee M. Jeffreys, Thomas H. Inge, Todd M. Jenkins, Wendy C. King, Vedran Oruc, Andrew D. Douglas, and Molly S. Bray, “Physical Activity Monitoring in Extremely Obese Adolescents From the Teen-LABORATORIES Study,” Journal Of Physical Activity & Health, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 132–138, 2015.