- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 969124, 9 pages
The Impact of Abdominal Obesity Status on Cardiovascular Response to the Mediterranean Diet
1Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, 2440 Hochelaga Boulevard, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
2Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Pavillon Paul-Comtois, Laval University, 2425 Rue de l'Agriculture, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Pavillon Ferdinand-Vandry, Laval University, 1050 Medicine Avenue, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
Received 4 July 2012; Revised 10 September 2012; Accepted 18 September 2012
Academic Editor: Robert Ross
Copyright © 2012 Alexandra Bédard et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ritesh K. Baboota, Mahendra Bishnoi, Padma Ambalam, Kanthi Kiran Kondepudi, Siddhartha M. Sarma, Ravneet K. Boparai, and Koteswaraiah Podili, “Functional food ingredients for the management of obesity and associated co-morbidities – A review,” Journal of Functional Foods, 2013.
- Jaime Ruiz-Tovar, Evangelina Boix, Maryana Bozhychko, Jone Miren Del Campo, Rosana Martinez, Jose Maria Bonete, and Rafael Calpena, “Pre And Postoperative Adherence To Mediterranean-Like Diet And Its Effect On Weight Loss And Cardiovascular Risk Factors After Sleeve Gastrectomy,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 756–762, 2014.
- Alexandra Bedard, Louise Corneau, Marie-Claude Vohl, Sylvie Dodin, and Simone Lemieux, “Effect of the Mediterranean Diet on the Lipid-Lipoprotein Profile: Is It Influenced by the Family History of Dyslipidemia?,” Journal Of Nutrigenetics And Nutrigenomics, vol. 7, no. 4-6, pp. 177–187, 2014.
- Jose Joaquin Muros, Mikel Zabala, Maria Jesus Oliveras-Lopez, Paula Rodriguez Bouzas, Emily Knox, Jose Angel Rufian-Henares, and Herminia Lopez-Garcia de la Serrana, “Effect of Physical Activity, Nutritional Education, and Consumption of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on Lipid, Physiological, and Anthropometric Profiles in ,” Journal Of Physical Activity & Health, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1245–1252, 2015.
- Alexandra Bédard, Benoît Lamarche, Louise Corneau, Sylvie Dodin, and Simone Lemieux, “Sex differences in the impact of the Mediterranean diet on systemic inflammation,” Nutrition Journal, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- S. Eguaras, E. Toledo, P. Buil-Cosiales, J. Salas-Salvadó, D. Corella, M. Gutierrez-Bedmar, J.M. Santos-Lozano, F. Arós, M. Fiol, M. Fitó, E. Ros, L. Serra-Majem, X. Pintó, J.A. Martínez, J.V. Sorlí, M.A. Muñoz, J. Basora, R. Estruch, and M.Á. Martínez-González, “Does the Mediterranean diet counteract the adverse effects of abdominal adiposity?,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, 2015.
- Alexandra Bédard, Anne-Marie Hudon, Vicky Drapeau, Louise Corneau, Sylvie Dodin, and Simone Lemieux, “Gender Differences in the Appetite Response to a Satiating Diet,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Marissa Garcia, Jessica Bihuniak, Julia Shook, Anne Kenny, Jane Kerstetter, and Tania Huedo-Medina, “The Effect of the Traditional Mediterranean-Style Diet on Metabolic Risk Factors: A Meta-Analysis,” Nutrients, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 168, 2016.