- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 123901, 8 pages
Are Nutrition Knowledge, Attitudes, and Beliefs Associated with Obesity among Low-Income Hispanic and African American Women Caretakers?
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Greensboro, 319 College Avenue, 318 Stone Building, Greensboro, NC 27412, USA
Received 3 December 2012; Revised 25 February 2013; Accepted 3 April 2013
Academic Editor: Sara Benjamin Neelon
Copyright © 2013 Irene Acheampong and Lauren Haldeman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Robert J. Wong, Christina Chou, Sidhartha R. Sinha, Ahmad Kamal, and Aijaz Ahmed, “Ethnic Disparities in the Association of Body Mass Index with the Risk of Hypertension and Diabetes,” Journal of Community Health, 2013.
- Anna Marie Jones, and Sheri Zidenberg-Cherr, “Exploring Nutrition Education Resources and Barriers, and Nutrition Knowledge in Teachers in California,” Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 2014.
- Robert J. Wong, Christina Chou, and Aijaz Ahmed, “Long Term Trends and Racial/Ethnic Disparities in the Prevalence of Obesity,” Journal of Community Health, 2014.
- Carol E. O'Neil, Theresa A. Nicklas, Debra R. Keast, and Victor L. Fulgoni, “Ethnic disparities among food sources of energy and nutrients of public health concern and nutrients to limit in adults in the United States: NHANES 2003-2006,” Food & Nutrition Research, vol. 58, 2014.
- Xinyi Li, Hengjiu Kang, Shuai Wang, Zhaomin Deng, Ting Yang, Yiping Jia, and Yuan Yang, “Knowledge, Attitude, and Behavior of Hepatitis B Virus Infection among Chinese Dental Interns,” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 15, no. 5, 2015.
- Pi-Chuan Sun, Hsien-Long Huang, and Fang-Yi Chu, “Factors instead of demographic characteristics related to nutrition label use,” British Food Journal, vol. 117, no. 12, pp. 3024–3038, 2015.
- Balavenkatesh Kanna, and Carla Boutin-Foster, “Demographic and Behavioral Factors Linked to Obesity Among Inner-City Latino New Yorkers in the Bronx Community,” Journal of Community Health, 2016.
- G. Kresic, and N. Mrduljas, “The Relationship Between Knowledge And The Use Of Nutrition Information On Food Package,” Acta Alimentaria, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 36–44, 2016.
- Kelly Skinner, Erin Pratley, and Kristin Burnett, “Eating in the City: A Review of the Literature on Food Insecurity and Indigenous People Living in Urban Spaces,” Societies, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 7, 2016.
- James D. Wright, Amy M. Donley, Marie C. Gualtieri, and Sara M. Strickhouser, “Food Deserts: What is the Problem? What is the Solution?,” Society, 2016.