- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 129193, 10 pages
Systems Science and Childhood Obesity: A Systematic Review and New Directions
1Department of Pediatrics, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7225, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
2Department of Health Care Organization and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Received 15 February 2013; Revised 26 March 2013; Accepted 27 March 2013
Academic Editor: Reza Majdzadeh
Copyright © 2013 Asheley Cockrell Skinner and E. Michael Foster. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Erin R. Hager, “Commentary: Pediatric Obesity: Systems Science Strategies for Prevention,” Journal of Pediatric Psychology, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1044–1050, 2013.
- Melanie S. Nichols, Rebecca C. Reynolds, Elizabeth Waters, Timothy Gill, Lesley King, Boyd A. Swinburn, and Steven Allender, “Community-based efforts to prevent obesity: Australia-wide survey of projects,” Health Promotion Journal of Australia, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 111, 2013.
- Peter Lekkas, and Ivana Stankov, “Framing Obesity-Drawing On The Margins Response,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 104, no. 7, pp. E1–E2, 2014.
- Graham Brown, Daniel Reeders, Gary W. Dowsett, Jeanne Ellard, Marina Carman, Natalie Hendry, and Jack Wallace, “Investigating combination HIV prevention: isolated interventions or complex system,” Journal Of The International Aids Society, vol. 18, 2015.
- Shiyong Liu, Nathaniel Osgood, Qi Gao, Hong Xue, and Youfa Wang, “Systems simulation model for assessing the sustainability and synergistic impacts of sugar-sweetened beverages tax and revenue recycling on childhood obesity prevention,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 708–721, 2015.
- P. Mech, M. Hooley, H. Skouteris, and J. Williams, “Parent-related mechanisms underlying the social gradient of childhood overweight and obesity: a systematic review,” Child: Care, Health and Development, 2016.
- Shannon E. Majowicz, Samantha B. Meyer, Sharon I. Kirkpatrick, Julianne L. Graham, Arshi Shaikh, Susan J. Elliott, Leia M. Minaker, Steffanie Scott, and Brian Laird, “Food, health, and complexity: towards a conceptual understanding to guide collaborative public health action,” BMC Public Health, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.
- Shazhan Amed, Stephanie Shea, Susan Pinkney, Joan Wharf Higgins, and Patti-Jean Naylor, “Wayfinding the Live 5-2-1-0 Initiative—At the Intersection between Systems Thinking and Community-Based Childhood Obesity Prevention,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 614, 2016.
- Allison E. Doub, Meg Small, and Leann L. Birch, “A call for research exploring social media influences on mothers’ child feeding practices and childhood obesity risk,” Appetite, 2016.