- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 131349, 8 pages
Systemic Inflammation and Lung Function Impairment in Morbidly Obese Subjects with the Metabolic Syndrome
1Department of Pulmonology, Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, Kleiweg 500, 3045 PM Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2Department of Internal Medicine, Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, 3045 PM Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3Department of Statistics, Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, 3045 PM Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4Institute of Health Policy and Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5Department of Clinical Chemistry, Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, 3045 PM Rotterdam, The Netherlands
6Department of Surgery, Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, 3045 PM Rotterdam, The Netherlands
7Department of Pulmonology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Received 7 October 2012; Revised 6 January 2013; Accepted 26 January 2013
Academic Editor: David Allison
Copyright © 2013 Astrid van Huisstede et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alethéa Guimarães Faria, Maria Angela G.O. Ribeiro, Fernando Augusto Lima Marson, Camila Isabel S. Schivinski, Silvana Dalge Severino, José Dirceu Ribeiro, and Antônio A. Barros Filho, “Effect of exercise test on pulmonary function of obese adolescents,” Jornal de Pediatria, 2013.
- Ebymar Arismendi, Eva Rivas, Alvar Agusti, Jose Rios, Esther Barreiro, Josep Vidal, and Robert Rodriguez-Roisin, “The Systemic Inflammome of Severe Obesity before and after Bariatric Surgery,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Alethéa Guimarães Faria, Maria Angela G.O. Ribeiro, Fernando Augusto Lima Marson, Camila Isabel S. Schivinski, Silvana Dalge Severino, José Dirceu Ribeiro, and Antônio A. Barros Filho, “Effect of exercise test on pulmonary function of obese adolescents,” Jornal de Pediatria (Versão em Português), vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 242–249, 2014.
- Simon F. Thomsen, Svend Lindenberg, Kirsten O. Kyvik, Sofie Lieberoth, and Vibeke Backer, “Asthma affects time to pregnancy and fertility: a register-based twin study,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1077–1085, 2014.
- Carlos Carpio, Ana Santiago, Abelardo Garcia de Lorenzo, and Rodolfo Alvarez-Sala, “Changes In Lung Function Testing Associated With Obesity,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1054–1062, 2014.
- Elisabeth Juul Gade, Simon Francis Thomsen, Svend Lindenberg, and Vibeke Backer, “Female Asthma Has a Negative Effect on Fertility: What Is the Connection?,” ISRN Allergy, vol. 2014, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Erick Forno, Yueh-Ying Han, Radhika H. Muzumdar, and Juan C. Celedón, “Insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and lung function in US adolescents with and without asthma,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2015.
- R. Schumann, S. A. Shikora, J. C. Sigl, and S. D. Kelley, “Association of metabolic syndrome and surgical factors with pulmonary adverse events, and longitudinal mortality in bariatric surgery,” British Journal Of Anaesthesia, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 83–90, 2015.