- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 140743, 9 pages
Black-White Disparities in Overweight and Obesity Trends by Educational Attainment in the United States, 1997–2008
1Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
2Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
3Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
4INSERM, U1018, CESP, Occupational and Social Determinants of Health, 75014 Villejuif, France
5Université Paris XI, Villejuif, France
6Université Versailles Saint-Quentin, Versailles, France
7Department of Health Policy and Management, Baltimore, MD, USA
Received 2 November 2012; Revised 26 February 2013; Accepted 17 March 2013
Academic Editor: Sara Benjamin Neelon
Copyright © 2013 Chandra L. Jackson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Robert J. Wong, Christina Chou, Sidhartha R. Sinha, Ahmad Kamal, and Aijaz Ahmed, “Ethnic Disparities in the Association of Body Mass Index with the Risk of Hypertension and Diabetes,” Journal of Community Health, 2013.
- Andrea D. Boan, Wuwei (Wayne) Feng, Bruce Ovbiagele, David L. Bachman, Charles Ellis, Robert J. Adams, Steven A. Kautz, and Daniel T. Lackland, “Persistent Racial Disparity in Stroke Hospitalization and Economic Impact in Young Adults in the Buckle of Stroke Belt,” Stroke, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 1932–1938, 2014.
- Robert J. Wong, Christina Chou, and Aijaz Ahmed, “Long Term Trends and Racial/Ethnic Disparities in the Prevalence of Obesity,” Journal of Community Health, 2014.
- Lisa L. Barnes, and David A. Bennett, “Alzheimer's Disease In African Americans: Risk Factors And Challenges For The Future,” Health Affairs, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 580–586, 2014.
- A. A. Akom, Aekta Shah, and Aaron Nakai, “Breaking the Chains of Food Apartheid: Using Youth Participatory Action Research to Spark a Food Revolution in East Oakland,” Race and Social Problems, 2014.
- Jennie L. Hill, Wen You, and Jamie M. Zoellner, “Disparities in obesity among rural and urban residents in a health disparate region,” Bmc Public Health, vol. 14, 2014.
- Whitney R. Robinson, Kiarri N. Kershaw, Briana Mezuk, Jane Rafferty, Hedwig Lee, Vicki Johnson-Lawrence, Marissa J. Seamans, and James S. Jackson, “Coming unmoored: Disproportionate increases in obesity prevalence among young, disadvantaged white women,” Obesity, 2014.
- R. Huang, A. V. Moudon, A. J. Cook, and A. Drewnowski, “The spatial clustering of obesity: does the built environment matter?,” Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 2014.
- Jong Kim, and Gukbin Kim, “Labor force participation and secondary education of gender inequality index (GII) associated with healthy life expectancy (HLE) at birth,” International Journal for Equity in Health, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 106, 2014.
- Katherine A. Dudley, and Sanjay R. Patel, “Disparities and genetic risk factors in obstructive sleep apnea,” Sleep Medicine, 2015.