- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 206715, 4 pages
Total Body Fat Content versus BMI in 4-Year-Old Healthy Swedish Children
1Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linköping University, 581 85 Linköping, Sweden
2Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Novum, 141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
Received 6 November 2012; Revised 5 February 2013; Accepted 14 March 2013
Academic Editor: Analiza M. Silva
Copyright © 2013 Elisabet Forsum et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- WHO, http://www.who.int/dietphysicalactivity/childhood/en/.
- K. D. Hesketh and K. J. Campbell, “Interventions to prevent obesity in 0–5 year olds: an updated systematic review of the literature,” Obesity, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. S27–S35, 2010.
- Y. Manios, “The “ToyBox-study” obesity prevention programme in early childhood: an introduction,” Obesity Reviews, vol. 13, supplement 1, pp. 1–2, 2012.
- M. L. Fitzgibbon, M. R. Stolley, L. Schiffer, et al., “Family-based hip-hop to health: outcome results,” Obesity, 2012.
- E. M. Taveras, S. L. Gortmaker, K. H. Hohman et al., “Randomized controlled trial to improve primary care to prevent and manage childhood obesity the high five for kids study,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 165, no. 8, pp. 714–722, 2011.
- T. J. Cole, M. C. Bellizzi, K. M. Flegal, and W. H. Dietz, “Establishing a standard definition for child overweight and obesity worldwide: international survey,” British Medical Journal, vol. 320, no. 7244, pp. 1240–1243, 2000.
- I. Larsson, H. B. Forslund, A. K. Lindroos et al., “Body composition in the SOS (Swedish Obese Subjects) reference study,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1317–1324, 2004.
- K. J. Ellis, S. A. Abrams, and W. W. Wong, “Monitoring childhood obesity: assessment of the Weight/Height2 index,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 150, no. 9, pp. 939–946, 1999.
- D. A. Fields, M. I. Goran, and M. A. McCrory, “Body-composition assessment via air-displacement plethysmography in adults and children: a review,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 453–467, 2002.
- D. A. Fields and D. B. Allison, “Air-displacement plethysmography pediatric option in 2–6 years olds using the four-compartment model as a criterion method,” Obesity, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1732–1737, 2012.
- B. Eriksson, M. Löf, and E. Forsum, “Body composition in full-term healthy infants measured with air displacement plethysmography at 1 and 12 weeks of age,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 563–568, 2010.
- K. A. Wikland, Z. C. Luo, A. Niklasson, and J. Karlberg, “Swedish population-based longitudinal reference values from birth to 18 years of age for height, weight and head circumference,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 739–754, 2002.
- M. A. McCrory, T. D. Gomez, E. M. Bernauer, and P. A. Molé, “Evaluation of a new air displacement plethysmograph for measuring human body composition,” Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 1686–1691, 1995.
- K. M. Flegal, J. A. Shepherd, A. C. Looker et al., “Comparisons of percentage body fat, body mass index, waist circumference, and waist-stature ratio in adults,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 500–508, 2009.
- E. W. Demerath and D. A. Fields, “Challenges in infant body composition,” Pediatric Research, vol. 72, no. 3, p. 329, 2012.