- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 208392, 2 pages
Childhood Obesity: Today and Tomorrow’s Health Challenge
1Pediatrics, Child Growth and Development Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 81676-36954, Iran
2Pediatric Cardiology, Preventive Cardiology Department, Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
3Epidemiology, School of Public Health, and Knowledge Utilization Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
4Faculty of Education & Social Work, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
5International Centre for Circulatory Health, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK
6Clinical Biochemistry, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Received 29 September 2013; Accepted 29 September 2013
Copyright © 2013 Roya Kelishadi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. M. Finucane, G. A. Stevens, M. J. Cowan et al., “National, regional, and global trends in body-mass index since 1980: systematic analysis of health examination surveys and epidemiological studies with 960 country-years and 9·1 million participants,” The Lancet, vol. 377, no. 9765, pp. 557–567, 2011.
- N. Gupta, P. Shah, S. Nayyar, and A. Misra, “Childhood obesity and the metabolic syndrome in developing countries,” The Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 80, pp. S28–S37, 2013.
- R. Weiss and S. Caprio, “The metabolic consequences of childhood obesity,” Best Practice and Research Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 405–419, 2005.
- A. J. Venn, R. J. Thomson, M. D. Schmidt et al., “Overweight and obesity from childhood to adulthood: a follow-up of participants in the 1985 Australian Schools Health and Fitness Survey,” Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 186, no. 9, pp. 458–460, 2007.
- D. Yach, C. Hawkes, C. L. Gould, and K. J. Hofman, “The global burden of chronic diseases: overcoming impediments to prevention and control,” The Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 291, no. 21, pp. 2616–2622, 2004.
- F. Esfarjani, M. Khalafi, F. Mohammadi et al., “Family-based intervention for controlling childhood obesity: an experience among Iranian children,” International Journal of Preventive Medicine, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 358–365, 2013.