- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 269038, 9 pages
Obesity Index That Better Predict Metabolic Syndrome: Body Mass Index, Waist Circumference, Waist Hip Ratio, or Waist Height Ratio
1Department of Medical Statistics & Epidemiology, Hamad Medical Corporation, P.O. Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
2Department of Public Health, Weill Cornell Medical College, P.O. Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
3Department Evidence for Population Health Unit, School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
4Department of Endocrinology, Hamad General Hospital, Hamad Medical Corporation, P.O. Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
5Qatar Diabetic Association and Qatar Foundation, P.O. Box 752, Doha, Qatar
6Qatar Foundation Research Division, P.O. Box 5825, Doha, Qatar
7Division of Diabetes, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Received 15 March 2013; Revised 16 July 2013; Accepted 16 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jordi Salas-Salvadó
Copyright © 2013 Abdulbari Bener et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eunsu Jang, Younghwa Baek, Kihyun Park, and Siwoo Lee, “Can anthropometric risk factors important in Sasang constitution be used to detect metabolic syndrome?,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2013.
- Parvin Mirmiran, Zahra Bahadoran, Hossein Delshad, and Fereidoun Azizi, “Reply to “Predictors of the incidence of metabolic syndrome in general inhabitant”,” Nutrition, 2014.
- Barbara E. K. Klein, Kristine E. Lee, and Ronald Klein, “Measures of Body Shape and Adiposity as Related to Incidence of Age-Related Eye Diseases: Observations From the Beaver Dam Eye Study,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 2592–2598, 2014.
- Aldo Ferreira-Hermosillo, Claudia Ramirez-Renteria, and Victoria Mendoza-Zubieta, “Utility of the waist-to-height ratio, waist circumference and body mass ind ex in the screening of metabolic syndrome in adult patients with type 1 dia betes mellitus,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 6, 2014.
- Myung-Sook Choi, Ri Ryu, Yu Ri Seo, Tae-Sook Jeong, Dong-Ha Shin, Yong Bok Park, Sang Ryong Kim, and Un Ju Jung, “The beneficial effect of soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) leaf extracts in adults with prediabetes: a randomized placebo controlled trial,” Food & Function, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 1621, 2014.