- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 280713, 9 pages
Ultrasound as a Tool to Assess Body Fat
Human Movement Science Program, Health, Physical Education and Recreation Department, Utah State University, 7000 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-7000, USA
Received 5 June 2013; Accepted 26 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jordi Salas-Salvadó
Copyright © 2013 Dale R. Wagner. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sandra Agyapong-Badu, Martin Warner, Dinesh Samuel, Marco Narici, Cyrus Cooper, and Maria Stokes, “Anterior thigh composition measured using ultrasound imaging to quantify relative thickness of muscle and non-contractile tissue: a potential biomarker for musculoskeletal health,” Physiological Measurement, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 2165–2176, 2014.
- Mellisa Roskosky, Gillian Robinson, William Reisman, Bruce Ziran, Michael S. Shuler, and Brett Freedman, “Subcutaneous depth in a traumatized lower extremity,” Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, vol. 77, pp. S190–S193, 2014.
- Mirko Otto, Julia Färber, Stefan Haneder, Henrik Michaely, Peter Kienle, and Till Hasenberg, “Postoperative Changes in Body Composition—Comparison of Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Bariatric Patients,” Obesity Surgery, 2014.
- Michael O. Harris-Love, Reza Monfaredi, Catheeja Ismail, Marc R. Blackman, and Kevin Cleary, “Quantitative Ultrasound: Measurement Considerations for the Assessment of Muscular Dystrophy and Sarcopenia,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2014.
- M. Horan, E. Gibney, E. Molloy, and F. McAuliffe, “Methodologies to assess paediatric adiposity,” Irish Journal of Medical Science, 2014.
- Kelly E. Johnson, Brian Miller, Judith A. Juvancic-Heltzel, Sarah E. Agnor, Dana L. Kiger, Rachele M. Kappler, and Ronald Otterstetter, “Agreement between ultrasound and dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry in assessing percentage body fat in college-aged adults,” Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, 2014.
- Marie Ø. Fosbøl, and Bo Zerahn, “Contemporary methods of body composition measurement,” Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, 2014.
- Abbie E. Smith-Ryan, Sarah N. Fultz, Malia N. Melvin, Hailee L. Wingfield, and Mary N. Woessner, “Reproducibility and Validity of A-Mode Ultrasound for Body Composition Measurement and Classification in Overweight and Obese Men and Women,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Carla M. M. Prado, and Steven B. Heymsfield, “Lean Tissue Imaging: A New Era for Nutritional Assessment and Intervention,” Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 940–953, 2014.
- H. Wang, Y. E. Chen, and Daniel T. Eitzman, “Imaging Body Fat Techniques and Cardiometabolic Implications,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 2217–2223, 2014.
- Scott Going, Vinson Lee, Rob Blew, Deepika Laddu, and Megan Hetherington-Rauth, “Top 10 Research Questions Related to Body Composition,” Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 38–48, 2014.
- Lynn A. Seabolt, E. Brian Welch, and Heidi J. Silver, “Imaging methods for analyzing body composition in human obesity and cardiometabolic disease,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 2015.
- Thomas R. Wojda, Michael Scott Cardone, Wilson D. Lo, Stanislaw P. A. Stawicki, and David C. Evans, “Ultrasound and Computed Tomography Imaging Technologies for Nutrition Assessment in Surgical and Critical Care Patient Populations,” Current Surgery Reports, vol. 3, no. 8, 2015.
- Andreia Noites, Rita Nunes, Ana Isabel Gouveia, Alexandra Mota, Cristina Melo, Ágata Viera, Nuno Adubeiro, and José Mesquita Bastos, “Effects of Aerobic Exercise Associated with Abdominal Microcurrent: A Preliminary Study,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 229–236, 2015.
- Hao-Yen Tang, Dongjin Seo, Utkarsh Singhal, Xi Li, Michel M. Maharbiz, Elad Alon, and Bernhard E. Boser, “Miniaturizing Ultrasonic System for Portable Health Care and Fitness,” Ieee Transactions On Biomedical Circuits And Systems, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 767–776, 2015.
- Marissa N. Baranauskas, Kelly E. Johnson, Judith A. Juvancic-Heltzel, Rachele M. Kappler, Laura Richardson, Scott Jamieson, and Ronald Otterstetter, “Seven-site versus three-site method of body composition using BodyMetrix ultrasound compared to dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry,” Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, 2015.
- Renata M. Bielemann, Maria Cristina Gonzalez, Thiago Gonzalez Barbosa-Silva, Silvana Paiva Orlandi, Mariana Otero Xavier, Rafaela Bülow Bergmann, and Maria Cecília Formoso Assunção, “Estimation of body fat in adults using a portable A-mode ultrasound,” Nutrition, 2015.
- Sung Hyun Lee, Dongwan Kim, Min Young Baek, Hann Tchah, Yeon Sun Kim, Eell Ryoo, and Yun Mi Kim, “Abdominal Subcutaneous Fat Thickness Measured by Ultrasonography Correlates with Hyperlipidemia and Steatohepatitis in Obese Children,” Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 108, 2015.
- Kelvin H M Kwok, Karen S L Lam, and Aimin Xu, “Heterogeneity of white adipose tissue: molecular basis and clinical implications,” Experimental & Molecular Medicine, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. e215, 2016.
- Angela Andreoli, Francesco Garaci, Francesco Pio Cafarelli, and Giuseppe Guglielmi, “Body composition in clinical practice,” European Journal of Radiology, 2016.
- Kelly E. Johnson, Brian Miller, Ann L. Gibson, Trisha A. McLain, Judith A. Juvancic-Heltzel, Rachele M. Kappler, and Ronald Otterstetter, “A comparison of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, air displacement plethysmography and A-mode ultrasound to assess body composition in college-age adults,” Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, 2016.