- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 280713, 9 pages
Ultrasound as a Tool to Assess Body Fat
Human Movement Science Program, Health, Physical Education and Recreation Department, Utah State University, 7000 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-7000, USA
Received 5 June 2013; Accepted 26 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jordi Salas-Salvadó
Copyright © 2013 Dale R. Wagner. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sandra Agyapong-Badu, Martin Warner, Dinesh Samuel, Marco Narici, Cyrus Cooper, and Maria Stokes, “Anterior thigh composition measured using ultrasound imaging to quantify relative thickness of muscle and non-contractile tissue: a potential biomarker for musculoskeletal health,” Physiological Measurement, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 2165–2176, 2014.
- Mellisa Roskosky, Gillian Robinson, William Reisman, Bruce Ziran, Michael S. Shuler, and Brett Freedman, “Subcutaneous depth in a traumatized lower extremity,” Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, vol. 77, pp. S190–S193, 2014.
- Mirko Otto, Julia Färber, Stefan Haneder, Henrik Michaely, Peter Kienle, and Till Hasenberg, “Postoperative Changes in Body Composition—Comparison of Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Bariatric Patients,” Obesity Surgery, 2014.
- Michael O. Harris-Love, Reza Monfaredi, Catheeja Ismail, Marc R. Blackman, and Kevin Cleary, “Quantitative Ultrasound: Measurement Considerations for the Assessment of Muscular Dystrophy and Sarcopenia,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2014.
- M. Horan, E. Gibney, E. Molloy, and F. McAuliffe, “Methodologies to assess paediatric adiposity,” Irish Journal of Medical Science, 2014.
- Kelly E. Johnson, Brian Miller, Judith A. Juvancic-Heltzel, Sarah E. Agnor, Dana L. Kiger, Rachele M. Kappler, and Ronald Otterstetter, “Agreement between ultrasound and dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry in assessing percentage body fat in college-aged adults,” Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, 2014.
- Marie Ø. Fosbøl, and Bo Zerahn, “Contemporary methods of body composition measurement,” Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, 2014.
- Abbie E. Smith-Ryan, Sarah N. Fultz, Malia N. Melvin, Hailee L. Wingfield, and Mary N. Woessner, “Reproducibility and Validity of A-Mode Ultrasound for Body Composition Measurement and Classification in Overweight and Obese Men and Women,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Scott Going, Vinson Lee, Rob Blew, Deepika Laddu, and Megan Hetherington-Rauth, “Top 10 Research Questions Related to Body Composition,” Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 38–48, 2014.