- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 291546, 11 pages
Obesity as a Major Risk Factor for Cancer
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Section of Internal Medicine and Oncology, University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, School of Medicine, Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, 70124 Bari, Italy
Received 18 December 2012; Revised 17 July 2013; Accepted 25 July 2013
Academic Editor: Francesco Saverio Papadia
Copyright © 2013 Giovanni De Pergola and Franco Silvestris. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mauro Zamboni, Andrea P. Rossi, Francesco Fantin, Giulia Zamboni, Salvatore Chirumbolo, Elena Zoico, and Gloria Mazzali, “Adipose tissue, diet and aging,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2013.
- Mervi T. Hyvönen, and Kirsty L. Spalding, “Maintenance of white adipose tissue in man,” The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, 2014.
- Weiqiang Zhou, Yuwang Tian, Hangjun Gong, Shanchun Guo, and Chengyu Luo, “Oncogenic role and therapeutic target of leptin signaling in colorectal cancer,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 961–971, 2014.
- Ali Serdar Gözen, Yigit Akin, Ender Özden, Mutlu Ates, Marcel Hruza, and Jens Rassweiler, “Impact of body mass index on outcomes of laparoscopic radical prostatectomy with long-term follow-up,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Anna M. Zawadzka, Birgit Schilling, Jason M. Held, Alexandria K. Sahu, Michael P. Cusack, Penelope M. Drake, Susan J. Fisher, and Bradford W. Gibson, “Variation and quantification among a target set of phosphopeptides in human plasma by multiple reaction monitoring and SWATH-MS2 data-independent acquisition,” Electrophoresis, 2014.
- Scott Weichenthal, Jane A. Hoppin, and Francois Reeves, “Obesity and the Cardiovascular Health Effects of Fine Particulate Air Pollution,” Obesity, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1580–1589, 2014.
- Eun Jung Jang, Hyo Kyeong Kim, Hana Jeong, Ye Seul Lee, Mi Gyeong Jeong, Su Jung Bae, Sanghee Kim, Sang Kook Lee, and Eun Sook Hwang, “Anti-Adipogenic Activity of the Naturally Occurring Phenanthroindolizidine Alkaloid Antofine via Direct Suppression of PPAR gamma Expression,” Chemistry & Biodiversity, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 962–969, 2014.
- Grzegorz Słomian, Elżbieta Świętochowska, Jolanta Malinowska-Borowska, Sławomir Kasperczyk, Anna Rogalska, and Przemysław Nowak, “Association between chemotherapy and plasma adipokines in patients with colorectal cancer,” Pharmacological Reports, 2014.
- Matthew G. K. Benesch, Xiaoyun Tang, Tatsuo Maeda, Akira Ohhata, Yuan Y. Zhao, Bernard P. C. Kok, Jay Dewald, Mary Hitt, Jonathan M. Curtis, Todd P. W. McMullen, and David N. Brindley, “Inhibition of autotaxin delays breast tumor growth and lung metastasis in mice,” Faseb Journal, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 2655–2666, 2014.
- Ana I. PÃ©rez-HernÃ¡ndez, Victoria CatalÃ¡n, Javier GÃ³mez-Ambrosi, Amaia RodrÃguez, and Gema FrÃ¼hbeck, “Mechanisms Linking Excess Adiposity and Carcinogenesis Promotion,” Frontiers in Endocrinology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Fei Li, Changtao Jiang, Michele C. Larsen, Justin Bushkofsky, Kristopher W. Krausz, Ting Wang, Colin R. Jefcoate, and Frank J. Gonzalez, “Lipidomics Reveals a Link between CYP1B1 and SCD1 in Promoting Obesity,” Journal of Proteome Research, pp. 140410142049008, 2014.
- Hyojung Paik, Hyoung-Sam Heo, Hyo-jeong Ban, and Seong Beom Cho, “Unraveling human protein interaction networks underlying co-occurrences of diseases and pathological conditions,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 12, 2014.
- Monica Colitti, and Stefano Grasso, “Nutraceuticals and regulation of adipocyte life: Premises or promises,” BioFactors, 2014.
- Chelsea Catsburg, Victoria A. Kirsh, Colin L. Soskolne, Nancy Kreiger, Erin Bruce, Thi Ho, Scott T. Leatherdale, and Thomas E. Rohan, “Associations between anthropometric characteristics, physical activity, and breast cancer risk in a Canadian cohort,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 2014.
- L. Zelek, and J. -P. Spano, “Obésité et cancers : de la prévention primaire à la prévention tertiaire,” Obésité, 2014.
- Ugur Uyeturk, Hasmet Sarıcı, Buket Kın Tekce, Muzaffer Eroglu, Eray Kemahlı, Ummugul Uyeturk, and Adnan Gucuk, “Serum omentin level in patients with prostate cancer,” Medical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 4, 2014.
- Socrates Villegas-Comonfort, Rocio Castillo-Sanchez, Nathalia Serna-Marquez, Pedro Cortes-Reynosa, and Eduardo Perez Salazar, “Arachidonic acid promotes migration and invasion through a PI3K/Akt-dependent pathway in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells,” Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (PLEFA), 2014.
- Matthew GK Benesch, Yi M Ko, Todd PW McMullen, and David N Brindley, “Autotaxin in the crosshairs: Taking aim at cancer and other inflammatory conditions,” FEBS Letters, 2014.
- Su-Chen Lee, Shih-Meng Tsai, Ming-Feng Hou, Li-Ying Tien, Szu-Hsien Wu, Lisa Ann Hou, Joseph M Tsai, and Li-Yu Tsai, “Increased Igf-I/Igfbp-3 Ratios in Postmenopausal Taiwanese with Breast Cancer, Irrespective of Er and Pr Statuses and Her2 Expression in a Case-Control Study,” Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis, 2014.
- Ersilia Nigro, Olga Scudiero, Maria Ludovica Monaco, Alessia Palmieri, Gennaro Mazzarella, Ciro Costagliola, Andrea Bianco, and Aurora Daniele, “New Insight into Adiponectin Role in Obesity and Obesity-Related Diseases,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Cheryl D. Toner, “Communicating clinical research to reduce cancer risk through diet: Walnuts as a case example,” Nutrition Research and Practice, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 347, 2014.