- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 296537, 8 pages
Altered Hepatic Lipid Metabolism Contributes to Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Leptin-Deficient Ob/Ob Mice
1Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
2Department of Food Science, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
3Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
4Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans' Medical Center, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ahmed Almobarak
Copyright © 2013 James W. Perfield II et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michael S. Stewart, Margaret J.R. Heerwagen, and Jacob E. Friedman, “Developmental programming of pediatric nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: Redefining the first hit,” Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 577–590, 2013.
- Virginia L. Malloy, Carmen E. Perrone, Dwight A.L. Mattocks, Gene P. Ables, Nicholas S. Caliendo, David S. Orentreich, and Norman Orentreich, “Methionine restriction prevents the progression of hepatic steatosis in leptin-deficient obese mice,” Metabolism, 2013.
- Gabriella Segal-Lieberman, and Talma Rosenthal, “Animal Models in Obesity and Hypertension,” Current Hypertension Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 190–195, 2013.
- Fatiha Nassir, Okunade L. Adewole, Elizabeth M. Brunt, and Nada A. Abumrad, “CD36 deletion reduces VLDL secretion, modulates liver prostaglandins, and exacerbates hepatic steatosis in ob/ob mice,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 2988–2997, 2013.
- Chaoqun Wang, Shulin Yang, Ningbo Zhang, Yulian Mu, Hongyan Ren, Yefu Wang, and Kui Li, “Long-Term Supranutritional Supplementation with Selenate Decreases Hyperglycemia and Promotes Fatty Liver Degeneration by Inducing Hyperinsulinemia in Diabetic db/db Mice,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Cho-Rong Bae, Kazuya Hasegawa, Sayaka Akieda-Asai, Yurie Kawasaki, Kazuyo Senba, Youn-Soo Cha, and Yukari Date, “Possible involvement of food texture in insulin resistance and energy metabolism in male rats,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 222, no. 1, pp. 61–72, 2014.
- Jun Wei Lim, John Dillon, and Michael Miller, “Proteomic and genomic studies of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease - clues in the pathogenesis,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 26, pp. 8325–8340, 2014.
- Thereza C. Lonzetti Bargut, Eliete D. C. Frantz, Carlos A. Mandarim-de-Lacerda, and Marcia Barbosa Aguila, “Effects of a Diet Rich in n-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids on Hepatic Lipogenesis and Beta-Oxidation in Mice,” Lipids, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 431–444, 2014.
- Eliete Dalla Corte Frantz, Aline Penna-de-Carvalho, Thais de Medeiros Batista, Marcia Barbosa Aguila, and Carlos Alberto Mandarim-de-Lacerda, “Comparative Effects of the Renin–Angiotensin System Blockers on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Insulin Resistance in C57Bl/6 Mice,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, pp. 140211095002006, 2014.
- Paola Solinas, Michela Isola, Maria Alberta Lilliu, Gabriele Conti, Alberto Civolani, Luigi Demelia, Francesco Loy, and Raffaella Isola, “Animal Models Are Reliably Mimicking Human Diseases? A Morphological Study That Compares Animal with Human NAFLD,” Microscopy Research and Technique, vol. 77, no. 10, pp. 790–796, 2014.
- Mao-Meng Tiao, Li-Tung Huang, Chih-Jen Chen, Jiunn-Ming Sheen, You-Lin Tain, Chih-Cheng Chen, Ho-Chang Kuo, Ying-Hsien Huang, Kuo-Shu Tang, En-Wei Chu, and Hong-Ren Yu, “Melatonin in the Regulation of Liver Steatosis following Prenatal Glucocorticoid Exposure,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Maria Lucia Bonfleur, Patricia Cristine Borck, Rosane Aparecida Ribeiro, Luiz Carlos Caetano, Gabriela Moreira Soares, Everardo Magalhaes Carneiro, and Sandra Lucinei Balbo, “Improvement in the expression of hepatic genes involved in fatty acid metabolism in obese rats supplemented with taurine,” Life Sciences, vol. 135, pp. 15–21, 2015.
- E.P. Conceição, N. Peixoto-Silva, C.R. Pinheiro, E. Oliveira, E.G. Moura, and P.C. Lisboa, “Maternal nicotine exposure leads to higher liver oxidative stress and steatosis in adult rat offspring,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2015.
- Tamie Nakajima, and Hisao Naito, “Mechanism Analysis and Prevention of Pathogenesis of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis,” Nippon Eiseigaku Zasshi (Japanese Journal of Hygiene), vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 197–204, 2015.
- Shi Lei, Run-zhu Sun, Di Wang, Mei-zhen Gong, Xiang-ping Su, Fei Yi, and Zheng-wu Peng, “Increased Hepatic Fatty Acids Uptake and Oxidation by LRPPRC-Driven Oxidative Phosphorylation Reduces Blood Lipid Levels,” Frontiers in Physiology, vol. 7, 2016.