- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 296537, 8 pages
Altered Hepatic Lipid Metabolism Contributes to Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Leptin-Deficient Ob/Ob Mice
1Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
2Department of Food Science, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
3Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
4Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans' Medical Center, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ahmed Almobarak
Copyright © 2013 James W. Perfield II et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michael S. Stewart, Margaret J.R. Heerwagen, and Jacob E. Friedman, “Developmental programming of pediatric nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: Redefining the first hit,” Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 577–590, 2013.
- Virginia L. Malloy, Carmen E. Perrone, Dwight A.L. Mattocks, Gene P. Ables, Nicholas S. Caliendo, David S. Orentreich, and Norman Orentreich, “Methionine restriction prevents the progression of hepatic steatosis in leptin-deficient obese mice,” Metabolism, 2013.
- Gabriella Segal-Lieberman, and Talma Rosenthal, “Animal Models in Obesity and Hypertension,” Current Hypertension Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 190–195, 2013.
- Okunade L. Adewole, Elizabeth M. Brunt, and Nada A. Abumrad, “CD36 deletion reduces VLDL secretion, modulates liver prostaglandins, and e xacerbates hepatic steatosis in ob/ob mice,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 2988–2997, 2013.
- Eliete Dalla Corte Frantz, Aline Penna-de-Carvalho, Thais de Medeiros Batista, Marcia Barbosa Aguila, and Carlos Alberto Mandarim-de-Lacerda, “Comparative Effects of the Renin–Angiotensin System Blockers on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Insulin Resistance in C57Bl/6 Mice,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, pp. 140211095002006, 2014.