- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 393192, 8 pages
Adipose Tissue Dysfunction in Nascent Metabolic Syndrome
1Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232-9170, USA
2Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817-2218, USA
3VA Medical Center, Mather, CA 95655-4200, USA
Received 26 January 2013; Accepted 14 February 2013
Academic Editor: Anne E. Sumner
Copyright © 2013 Andrew A. Bremer and Ishwarlal Jialal. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gillian E. Walker, Paolo Marzullo, Flavia Prodam, Gianni Bona, and Anna Maria Blasio, “Obesity modifies expression profiles of metabolic markers in superficial and deep subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue depots,” Endocrine, 2013.
- Garth L. Nicolson, and Michael E. Ash, “Lipid Replacement Therapy: A natural medicine approach to replacing damaged lipids in cellular membranes and organelles and restoring function,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes, 2013.
- Raj S. Padwal, “Obesity Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome: The Global Scourge,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 2013.
- C. Röcken, “Die nichtalkoholische Steatohepatitis als viszerale Manifestation des metabolischen Syndroms,” Der Gastroenterologe, 2013.
- Nathan L. Price, Cristina M. Ramírez, and Carlos Fernández-Hernando, “Relevance of microRNA in metabolic diseases,” Critical Reviews in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, pp. 1–16, 2014.
- K. V. Derkach, O. V. Chistyakova, and A. O. Shpakov, “A change of hormonal regulation of adenylyl cyclase in epididymal adipose tissue of rats with experimental models of diabetes mellitus,” Journal of Evolutionary Biochemistry and Physiology, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 95–102, 2014.
- Grigorios Panagiotou, Lin Mu, Brian Na, Kenneth J. Mukamal, and Christos S. Mantzoros, “Circulating Irisin, Omentin- 1, and Lipoprotein Subparticles in Adults at Higher Cardiovascular Risk,” Metabolism, 2014.
- Xinpu Chen, and Sridevi Devaraj, “Monocytes from Metabolic Syndrome Subjects Exhibit a Proinflammatory M1 Phenotype,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, pp. 140521111921006, 2014.
- Ishwarlal Jialal, Beverley Adams-Huet, Frank Duong, and Gerred Smith, “Relationship Between Retinol-Binding Protein-4/Adiponectin and Leptin/Adiponectin Ratios with Insulin Resistance and Inflammation,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, pp. 140304072951003, 2014.
- Susan L. Samson, “Metabolic Syndrome,” Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 1–+, 2014.
- Daniel Pineda-Tenor, Juan Berenguer, Pilar García-Broncano, María A. Jiménez-Sousa, Amanda Fernández-Rodríguez, Cristina Diez, Mónica García-Álvarez, Ana Carrero, Pilar Catalán, Teresa Aldámiz-Echevarria, and Salvador Resino, “ Association of adiponectin ( ADIPOQ ) rs2241766 polymorphism and dyslipidemia in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients ,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2014.
- Marco C. Amato, Giuseppe Pizzolanti, Vittoria Torregrossa, Gabriella Misiano, and Salvatore Milano, “Visceral Adiposity Index (VAI) Is Predictive of an Altered Adipokine Profil e in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Ishwarlal Jialal, Sridevi Devaraj, and Uthra Rajamani, “Dysregulation of monocyte biology in metabolic syndrome,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- J. Ball, and G. McAnulty, “Ignoring our evolution: the ‘pandemic’ of over-nutrition and under-activity. Not simply a metabolic syndrome?,” Anaesthesia, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 203–207, 2014.
- Bruce M. Spiegelman, “What We Talk About When We Talk About Fat,” Cell, vol. 156, no. 1-2, pp. 20–44, 2014.
- Anh Vu, Maha S. Sidhom, Brooke C. Bredbeck, and Lisa A. Kosmiski, “Evaluation of the relationship between circulating omentin-1 concentrations and components of the metabolic syndrome in adults without type 2 diabetes or cardiovascular disease,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 6, 2014.
- Rungsunn Tungtrongchitr, and Kittisak Thawnasom, “Measurement of the levels of leptin, BDNF associated with polymorphisms LEP G2548A, LEPR Gln223Arg and BDNF Val66Met in Thai with metabolic syndrome,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 6, 2014.
- Harmeet Kaur, and Sridevi Devaraj, “Toll-like Receptor Status in Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome: A Translationa l Perspective,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 39–48, 2014.
- Vanessa Abella, Morena Scotece, Javier Conde, Verónica López, Verónica Lazzaro, Jesús Pino, Juan J. Gómez-Reino, and Oreste Gualillo, “Adipokines, Metabolic Syndrome and Rheumatic Diseases,” Journal of Immunology Research, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.