- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 393192, 8 pages
Adipose Tissue Dysfunction in Nascent Metabolic Syndrome
1Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232-9170, USA
2Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817-2218, USA
3VA Medical Center, Mather, CA 95655-4200, USA
Received 26 January 2013; Accepted 14 February 2013
Academic Editor: Anne E. Sumner
Copyright © 2013 Andrew A. Bremer and Ishwarlal Jialal. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gillian E. Walker, Paolo Marzullo, Flavia Prodam, Gianni Bona, and Anna Maria Blasio, “Obesity modifies expression profiles of metabolic markers in superficial and deep subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue depots,” Endocrine, 2013.
- Raj S. Padwal, “Obesity Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome: The Global Scourge,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 2013.
- C. Röcken, “Die nichtalkoholische Steatohepatitis als viszerale Manifestation des metabolischen Syndroms,” Der Gastroenterologe, 2013.
- Daniel Pineda-Tenor, Juan Berenguer, Pilar García-Broncano, María A. Jiménez-Sousa, Amanda Fernández-Rodríguez, Cristina Diez, Mónica García-Álvarez, Ana Carrero, Pilar Catalán, Teresa Aldámiz-Echevarria, and Salvador Resino, “ Association of adiponectin ( ADIPOQ ) rs2241766 polymorphism and dyslipidemia in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients ,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2014.
- Ishwarlal Jialal, Beverley Adams-Huet, Frank Duong, and Gerred Smith, “Relationship Between Retinol-Binding Protein-4/Adiponectin and Leptin/Adiponectin Ratios with Insulin Resistance and Inflammation,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, pp. 140304072951003, 2014.
- J. Ball, and G. McAnulty, “Ignoring our evolution: the ‘pandemic’ of over-nutrition and under-activity. Not simply a metabolic syndrome?,” Anaesthesia, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 203–207, 2014.
- Ishwarlal Jialal, Sridevi Devaraj, and Uthra Rajamani, “Dysregulation of monocyte biology in metabolic syndrome,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Bruce M. Spiegelman, “What We Talk About When We Talk About Fat,” Cell, vol. 156, no. 1-2, pp. 20–44, 2014.
- Vanessa Abella, Morena Scotece, Javier Conde, Verónica López, Verónica Lazzaro, Jesús Pino, Juan J. Gómez-Reino, and Oreste Gualillo, “Adipokines, Metabolic Syndrome and Rheumatic Diseases,” Journal of Immunology Research, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.