- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 409679, 9 pages
Metabolic Risk Susceptibility in Men Is Partially Related to Adiponectin/Leptin Ratio
Center for Human Nutrition and Departments of Clinical Nutrition, Internal Medicine and The Metabolic Unit of the Veterans Administration North Health Science Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390-9052, USA
Received 5 December 2012; Revised 1 February 2013; Accepted 1 February 2013
Academic Editor: Anne E. Sumner
Copyright © 2013 Gloria Lena Vega and Scott M. Grundy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Madalina Macrea, Thomas Martin, Zhenquan Jia, and Hara Misra, “Leptin’s Activity on the Hydroxyl Radical: A Possible Link to the Oxidative Stress-Related Endothelial Vasodilation in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea,” Lung, 2013.
- C Flexeder, E Thiering, J Kratzsch, C Klümper, B Koletzko, M J Müller, S Koletzko, and J Heinrich, “Is a child’s growth pattern early in life related to serum adipokines at the age of 10 years?,” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2013.
- Bey-Leei Ling, Chun-Tang Chiu, Hsiu-Chin Lu, Jin-Jin Lin, Chiung-Yin Kuo, and Fen-Pi Chou, “Short and Long-Term Impact of Lipectomy on Expression Profile of Hepatic Anabolic Genes in Rats: A High Fat and High Cholesterol Diet-Induced Obese Mo,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Jesús A. Domínguez-Avila, Emilio Alvarez-Parrilla, José A. López-Díaz, Ignacio E. Maldonado-Mendoza, María del Consuelo Gómez-García, and Laura A. de la Rosa, “The pecan nut (Carya illinoinensis) and its oil and polyphenolic fractions differentially modulate lipid metabolism and the antioxidant enzyme activities in rats fed high-fat diets,” Food Chemistry, 2014.
- M.A. Zulet, S. Navas-Carretero, D. Lara y Sánchez, I. Abete, J. Flanagan, N. Issaly, P. Fança-Berthon, A. Bily, M. Roller, and J.A. Martinez, “A Fraxinus excelsior L. seeds/fruits extract benefits glucose homeostasis and adiposity related markers in elderly overweight/obese subjects: A longitudinal, randomized, crossover, double-blind, placebo-controlled nutritional intervention study,” Phytomedicine, 2014.
- Anize D. von Frankenberg, Filipe V. do Nascimento, Lucas Eduardo Gatelli, Barbara L. Nedel, Sheila P. Garcia, Carolina S. V. de Oliveira, Pedro Saddi-Rosa, Andre F. Reis, Luis H. Canani, and Fernando Gerchman, “Major components of metabolic syndrome and adiponectin levels: a cross-sectional study,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 6, 2014.
- Sanja Stojsavljevic, Marija Gomercic Palcic, Lucija Virovic Jukic, Lea Smircic Duvnjak, and Marko Duvnjak, “Adipokines and proinflammatory cytokines, the key mediators in the pathogenesis of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 48, pp. 18070–18091, 2014.
- Magdalena Kwasniewska, Joanna Kozinska, Elzbieta Dziankowska-Zaborszczyk, Tomasz Kostka, Anna Jegier, Ewa Rebowska, Milena Orczykowska, Joanna Leszczynska, and Wojciech Drygas, “The impact of long-term changes in metabolic status on cardiovascular biomarkers and microvascular endothelial function in middle-aged men: a 25-year ,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 7, 2015.
- Anna Lubkowska, Aleksandra Radecka, Iwona Bryczkowska, Iwona Rotter, Maria Laszczynska, and Wioleta Dudzinska, “Serum Adiponectin and Leptin Concentrations in Relation to Body Fat Distribution, Hematological Indices and Lipid Profile in Humans,” International Journal Of Environmental Research And Public Health, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 11528–11548, 2015.
- Deborah C. L. Masquio, Aline de Piano, Raquel M. S. Campos, Priscila L. Sanches, June Carnier, Flavia C. Corgosinho, Barbara D. M. Netto, Joana P. Carvalho-Ferreira, Lila M. Oyama, Claudia M. O. Nascimento, Marco T. de Mello, Sergio Tufik, and Ana R. Damaso, “The role of multicomponent therapy in the metabolic syndrome, inflammation and cardiovascular risk in obese adolescents,” British Journal Of Nutrition, vol. 113, no. 12, pp. 1920–1930, 2015.
- Sigrid Nordang Skårn, Heidi B. Eggesbø, Arnljot Flaa, Sverre E. Kjeldsen, Morten Rostrup, Cathrine Brunborg, Henrik M. Reims, and Tonje Amb Aksnes, “Predictors of abdominal adipose tissue compartments: 18-year follow-up of young men with and without family history of diabetes,” European Journal of Internal Medicine, 2015.