- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 437369, 31 pages
Weight Loss Maintenance in African American Women: A Systematic Review of the Behavioral Lifestyle Intervention Literature
1Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
2School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
3Cancer Education and Career Development Program, Institute of Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
4Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Received 29 October 2012; Revised 8 January 2013; Accepted 28 January 2013
Academic Editor: Bernhard H. Breier
Copyright © 2013 Lisa M. Tussing-Humphreys et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Brent M. Egan, and Marilyn A. Laken, “Pre-Hypertension: Rationale for Pharmacotherapy,” Current Hypertension Reports, 2013.
- Carla J. Groh, and Joan C. Urbancic, “The Impact of a Lifestyle Change Program on the Mental Health of Obese Under-served African American Women,” Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 2014.
- Melinda S. Bender, JiWon Choi, Gloria Y. Won, and Yoshimi Fukuoka, “Randomized controlled trial lifestyle interventions for Asian Americans: A systematic review,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 67, pp. 171–181, 2014.
- Sharon A Simpson, Rachel McNamara, Christine Shaw, Mark Kelson, Yvonne Moriarty, Elizabeth Randell, David Cohen, M Fasihul Alam, Lauren Copeland, Donna Duncan, Aude Espinasse, David Gillespie, Andy Hill, Eleri Owen-Jones, Katy Tapper, Julia Townson, Simon Williams, and Kerry Hood, “A feasibility randomised controlled trial of a motivational interviewing-based intervention for weight loss maintenance in adults,” Health Technology Assessment, vol. 19, no. 50, pp. 1–378, 2015.
- Kalypso Karastergiou, “The Interplay Between Sex, Ethnicity, and Adipose Tissue Characteristics,” Current Obesity Reports, 2015.
- M. Loef, and H. Walach, “How applicable are results of systematic reviews and meta-analyses of health behaviour maintenance? A critical evaluation,” Public Health, 2015.
- Alicia Landry, Michael Madson, Jessica Thomson, Jamie Zoellner, Carol Connell, and Kathleen Yadrick, “A randomized trial using motivational interviewing for maintenance of blood pressure improvements in a community-engaged lifestyle intervention: HUB c,” Health Education Research, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 910–922, 2015.
- J. Alfredo Martínez, and Fermin I. Milagro, “Genetics of weight loss: a basis for personalized obesity management,” Trends in Food Science & Technology, 2015.
- NiCole R. Keith, Kimberly A. Hemmerlein, and Daniel O. Clark, “Weight Loss Attitudes and Social Forces in Urban Poor Black and White Women,” American Journal of Health Behavior, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 34–42, 2015.
- Hind H. Neamah, Anne K. Sebert Kuhlmann, and Rachel G. Tabak, “Effectiveness of Program Modification Strategies of the Diabetes Prevention Program: A Systematic Review,” Diabetes Educator, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 153–166, 2016.
- Kristina H. Lewis, Shenelle A. Edwards-Hampton, and Jamy D. Ard, “Disparities in Treatment Uptake and Outcomes of Patients with Obesity in the USA,” Current Obesity Reports, 2016.
- Nina C. Franklin, and Ross Arena, “Personalized Weight Management Interventions for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: A Viable Option for African-American Women,” Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases, 2016.
- Ashley Harris, Nymisha Chilukuri, Meredith West, Janice Henderson, Shari Lawson, Sarah Polk, David Levine, and Wendy L. Bennett, “Obesity-Related Dietary Behaviors among Racially and Ethnically Diverse Pregnant and Postpartum Women,” Journal of Pregnancy, vol. 2016, pp. 1–10, 2016.