- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 438364, 8 pages
Exergaming as a Strategic Tool in the Fight against Childhood Obesity: A Systematic Review
1Collective Health Program, University of Fortaleza (UNIFOR), Avenida Washington Soares, 1321 Edson Queiróz, 60.811-905 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
2Center for Application of Information Technology, Innovation Laboratory, University of Fortaleza (UNIFOR), Avenida Washington Soares, 1321 Edson Queiróz, 60.811-905 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
3Center for Health Sciences-Physical Education, University of Fortaleza (UNIFOR), Avenida Washington Soares, 1321 Edson Queiróz, 60.811-905 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
4Center for Health Sciences-Occupational Therapy, University of Fortaleza (UNIFOR), Avenida Washington Soares, 1321 Edson Queiróz, 60.811-905 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
5University of Fortaleza (UNIFOR), Avenida Washington Soares, 1321 Edson, Queiróz, 60.811-905 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Received 11 January 2013; Revised 20 July 2013; Accepted 5 September 2013
Academic Editor: Reza Majdzadeh
Copyright © 2013 Carminda Maria Goersch Fontenele Lamboglia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Daniel E. Okorodudu, Hayden B. Bosworth, and Leonor Corsino, “Innovative interventions to promote behavioral change in overweight or obese individuals: A review of the literature,” Annals of Medicine, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Mina C. Johnson-Glenberg, Caroline Savio-Ramos, and Hue Henry, ““Alien Health”: A Nutrition Instruction Exergame Using the Kinect Sensor,” Games for Health Journal, pp. 140612065735001, 2014.
- Gary S. Goldfield, Jameason D. Cameron, and Jean-Philippe Chaput, “Is Exergaming a Viable Tool in the Fight against Childhood Obesity?,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–2, 2014.
- Tom Baranowski, “Might Video Games Help Remedy Childhood Obesity?,” Childhood Obesity, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 331–334, 2015.
- Alex Pinheiro Gordia, Teresa Maria Bianchini de Quadros, Luciana Rodrigues Silva, and Gilton Marques dos Santos, “Conhecimento de pediatras sobre a atividade física na infância e adolescência,” Revista Paulista de Pediatria, 2015.
- Alex Pinheiro Gordia, Teresa Maria Bianchini de Quadros, Luciana Rodrigues Silva, and Gilton Marques dos Santos, “Knowledge of pediatricians regarding physical activity in childhood and adolescence,” Revista Paulista de Pediatria (English Edition), 2015.
- Joan Cowdery, Paul Majeske, Rebecca Frank, and Devin Brown, “Exergame Apps and Physical Activity: The Results of the ZOMBIE Trial,” American Journal of Health Education, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 216–222, 2015.
- Peter J. Chung, Douglas L. Vanderbilt, Sheree M. Schrager, Eugene Nguyen, and Eileen Fowler, “Active Videogaming for Individuals with Severe Movement Disorders: Results from a Community Study,” Games For Health Journal, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 190–194, 2015.
- Peter J. Chung, Douglas L. Vanderbilt, and Neelkamal S. Soares, “Social Behaviors and Active Videogame Play in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder,” Games for Health Journal, pp. 150123111231004, 2015.
- Emma Coombes, and Andy Jones, “Gamification of active travel to school: A pilot evaluation of the Beat the Street physical activity intervention,” Health & Place, vol. 39, pp. 62–69, 2016.
- Zeynep Atay, and Abdullah Bereket, “Current status on obesity in childhood and adolescence: Prevalence, etiology, co-morbidities and management,” Obesity Medicine, 2016.
- Elisa F. Ogawa, Tongjian You, and Suzanne G. Leveille, “Potential Benefits of Exergaming for Cognition and Dual-Task Function in Older Adults: A Systematic Review,” Journal Of Aging And Physical Activity, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 332–336, 2016.
- J. P. Chaput, A. Tremblay, B. Pereira, Y. Boirie, M. Duclos, and D. Thivel, “Food intake response to exercise and active video gaming in adolescents: effect of weight status,” British Journal Of Nutrition, vol. 115, no. 3, pp. 547–553, 2016.