- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 476240, 7 pages
PTPIP51: A New Interaction Partner of the Insulin Receptor and PKA in Adipose Tissue
1Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Aulweg 123, 35392 Giessen, Germany
2Department of Neurology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, 35392 Giessen, Germany
3Department of Sports Medicine, Justus Liebig University Giessen, 35394 Giessen, Germany
Received 5 November 2012; Accepted 8 February 2013
Academic Editor: Francesco Saverio Papadia
Copyright © 2013 M. A. Bobrich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. L. Teff, “Visceral nerves: vagal and sympathetic innervation,” Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 569–571, 2008.
- T. Leskinen, R. Rinnankoski-Tuikka, M. Rintala et al., “Differences in muscle and adipose tissue gene expression and cardio-metabolic risk factors in the members of physical activity discordant twin pairs,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 9, Article ID e12609, 2010.
- M. Lafontan, “Advances in adipose tissue metabolism,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 32, supplement 7, pp. S39–S51, 2008.
- G. Mantovani, S. Bondioni, L. Alberti et al., “Protein kinase A regulatory subunits in human adipose tissue: decreased R2B expression and activity in adipocytes from obese subjects,” Diabetes, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 620–626, 2009.
- A. Aitken, “14-3-3 proteins: a historic overview,” Seminars in Cancer Biology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 162–172, 2006.
- S. Kersten, “Mechanisms of nutritional and hormonal regulation of lipogenesis,” EMBO Reports, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 282–286, 2001.
- P. S. Koch, M. Viard, A. Stenzinger et al., “Expression profile of PTPIP51 in mouse brain,” Journal of Comparative Neurology, vol. 517, no. 6, pp. 892–905, 2009.
- A. Stenzinger, D. Schreiner, P. Koch, H. W. Hofer, and M. Wimmer, “Chapter 6 cell and molecular biology of the novel protein tyrosine-phosphatase-interacting protein 511,” International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 275, pp. 183–246, 2009.
- M. Bobrich, A. Brobeil, F. C. Mooren et al., “PTPIP51 interaction with PTP1B and 14-3-3β in adipose tissue of Insulin-resistant mice,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 35, pp. 1385–1394, 2011.
- S. Fukuda, T. Ohta, S. Sakata et al., “Pharmacological profiles of a novel protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitor, JTT-551,” Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 299–306, 2010.
- M. Matsuda and R. A. DeFronzo, “Insulin sensitivity indices obtained from oral glucose tolerance testing: comparison with the euglycemic insulin clamp,” Diabetes Care, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1462–1470, 1999.
- A. Brobeil, M. Graf, S. Oeschger, K. Steger, and M. Wimmer, “PTPIP51-a myeloid lineage specific protein interacts with PTP1B in neutrophil granulocytes,” Blood Cells, Molecules, and Diseases, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 159–168, 2010.
- Q. Li, A. Lau, T. J. Morris, L. Guo, C. B. Fordyce, and E. F. Stanley, “A syntaxin 1, Gαo, and N-type calcium channel complex at a presynaptic nerve terminal: analysis by quantitative immunocolocalization,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 24, no. 16, pp. 4070–4081, 2004.
- M. Gullberg and A. C. Andersson, “Visualization and quantification of protein-protein interactions in cells and tissues,” Nature Methods, vol. 6, pp. 641–647, 2010.
- O. Söderberg, M. Gullberg, M. Jarvius et al., “Direct observation of individual endogenous protein complexes in situ by proximity ligation,” Nature Methods, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 995–1000, 2006.
- Y. Xue, J. Ren, X. Gao, C. Jin, L. Wen, and X. Yao, “GPS 2.0, a tool to predict kinase-specific phosphorylation sites in hierarchy,” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 1598–1606, 2008.
- C. Yu, W. Han, T. Shi et al., “PTPIP51, a novel 14-3-3 binding protein, regulates cell morphology and motility via Raf-ERK pathway,” Cellular Signalling, vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 2208–2220, 2008.
- H. Gehart, S. Kumpf, A. Ittner, and R. Ricci, “MAPK signalling in cellular metabolism: stress or wellness?” EMBO Reports, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 834–840, 2010.
- G. Y. Carmen and S. M. Víctor, “Signalling mechanisms regulating lipolysis,” Cell Signal, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 401–408, 2006.
- A. Brobeil, M. Bobrich, and M. Wimmer, “Protein tyrosine phosphatase interacting protein 51—a jack-of-all-trades protein,” Cell and Tissue Research, vol. 344, no. 2, pp. 189–205, 2011.
- J. J. Berger and R. J. Barnard, “Effect of diet on fat cell size and hormone-sensitive lipase activity,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 227–232, 1999.
- T. Kadowaki, K. Hara, T. Yamauchi, Y. Terauchi, K. Tobe, and R. Nagai, “Molecular mechanism of insulin resistance and obesity,” Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 228, no. 10, pp. 1111–1117, 2003.
- S. B. Peres, S. M. F. de Moraes, C. E. M. Costa et al., “Endurance exercise training increases insulin responsiveness in isolated adipocytes through IRS/PI3-kinase/Akt pathway,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 1037–1043, 2005.
- J. E. Campbell, S. Fediuc, T. J. Hawke, and M. C. Riddell, “Endurance exercise training increases adipose tissue glucocorticoid exposure: adaptations that facilitate lipolysis,” Metabolism, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 651–660, 2009.
- S. Collins, W. Cao, and J. Robidoux, “Learning new tricks from old dogs: β-adrenergic receptors teach new lessons on firing up adipose tissue metabolism,” Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 2123–2131, 2004.