- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 480630, 8 pages
Examining Social Influence on Participation and Outcomes among a Network of Behavioral Weight-Loss Intervention Enrollees
1Division of Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
2Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, Fay W. Boozman College of Public Health, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
3Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
4Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Received 11 February 2013; Revised 24 April 2013; Accepted 13 May 2013
Academic Editor: Sarah-Jeanne Salvy
Copyright © 2013 T. L. Carson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eric de Sa, and Chris I. Ardern, “Associations between the built environment, total, recreational, and transit-related physical activity,” Bmc Public Health, vol. 14, 2014.
- Gina Merchant, Nadir Weibel, Kevin Patrick, James H Fowler, Greg J Norman, Anjali Gupta, Christina Servetas, Karen Calfas, Ketaki Raste, Laura Pina, Mike Donohue, William G Griswold, and Simon Marshall, “Click “Like” to Change Your Behavior: A Mixed Methods Study of College Students’ Exposure to and Engagement With Facebook Content Designed for Weight Loss,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. e158, 2014.
- Elizabeth M. Venditti, Judith Wylie-Rosett, Linda M. Delahanty, Lisa Mele, Mary A. Hoskin, and Sharon L. Edelstein, “Short and long-term lifestyle coaching approaches used to address diverse participant barriers to weight loss and physical activity adherence,” International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, vol. 11, 2014.
- Diana Rancourt, Tricia M. Leahey, Jessica Gokee LaRose, and Janis H. Crowther, “Effects of weight-focused social comparisons on diet and activity outcomes in overweight and obese young women,” Obesity, 2014.
- Seryung Choo, Ju Young Kim, Se Young Jung, Sarah Kim, Jeong Eun Kim, Jong Soo Han, Sohye Kim, Jeong Hyun Kim, Jeehye Kim, Yongseok Kim, Dongouk Kim, and Steve Steinhubl, “Development of a Weight Loss Mobile App Linked With an Accelerometer for Use in the Clinic: Usability, Acceptability, and Early Testing of its Impact on the Patient-Doctor Relationship,” JMIR mHealth and uHealth, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. e24, 2016.
- Nina C. Franklin, and Ross Arena, “Personalized Weight Management Interventions for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: A Viable Option for African-American Women,” Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases, 2016.