- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 489187, 5 pages
Role of Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue in the Pathogenesis of Insulin Resistance
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Institute for Translational Science (ITS), University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX 77555-1060, USA
Received 23 January 2013; Accepted 4 March 2013
Academic Editor: Manisha S. Chandalia
Copyright © 2013 Pavankumar Patel and Nicola Abate. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- F. J. Ortega, and J. M. Fernandez-Real, “Inflammation in Adipose Tissue and Fatty Acid Anabolism: When Enough is Enough!,” Hormone and Metabolic Research, vol. 45, no. 13, pp. 1009–1019, 2013.
- Zuzana Kočí, Karolína Turnovcová, Michal Dubský, Lenka Baranovičová, Vladimír Holáň, Milada Chudíčková, Eva Syková, and Šárka Kubinová, “Characterization of human adipose tissue-derived stromal cells isolated from diabetic patient's distal limbs with critical ischemia,” Cell Biochemistry and Function, 2014.
- Joseph T. Alaimo, Natalie H. Hahn, Sureni V. Mullegama, and Sarah H. Elsea, “Dietary Regimens Modify Early Onset of Obesity in Mice Haploinsufficient for Rai1,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Lilas Hadji, Emmanuelle Berger, Hedi Soula, Hubert Vidal, and Alain Geloen, “White Adipose Tissue Resilience to Insulin Deprivation and Replacement,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Motoi Takeuchi, Shin-ichi Hisasue, Kohei Hashimoto, Taiji Tsukamoto, and Naoya Masumori, “Impact of visceral fat ratio on sleep-related erection: A retrospective study of elderly patients,” International Journal of Urology, 2014.
- Loukianos S. Rallidis, Kyriaki Baroutsi, Maria Zolindaki, Maria Karagianni, Christos Varounis, Nikolaos Dagres, John Lekakis, and Maria Anastasiou-Nana, “Visceral Adipose Tissue Is A Better Predictor Of Subclinical Carotid Atherosclerosis Compared With Waist Circumference,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1083–1088, 2014.
- Ha-Na Kim, and Sang-Wook Song, “Concentrations of Chromium, Selenium, and Copper in the Hair of Viscerally Obese Adults are Associated with Insulin Resistance,” Biological Trace Element Research, vol. 158, no. 2, pp. 152–157, 2014.
- M. J. Armstrong, J. M. Hazlehurst, D. Hull, K. Guo, S. Borrows, J. Yu, S. C. Gough, P. N. Newsome, and J. W. Tomlinson, “Abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue insulin resistance and lipolysis in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis,” Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, 2014.
- O. Ali, D. Cerjak, J. W. Kent, R. James, J. Blangero, and Y. Zhang, “Obesity, central adiposity and cardiometabolic risk factors in children and adolescents: a family-based study,” Pediatric Obesity, 2014.
- Henriette Frikke-Schmidt, Thomas Å. Pedersen, Christian Fledelius, Grith S. Olsen, Stephan D. Bouman, Mark Fitch, and Marc Hellerstein, “Treatment of Diabetic Rats With Insulin or a Synthetic Insulin Receptor Agonist Peptide Leads to Divergent Metabolic Responses,” Diabetes, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 1057–1066, 2014.
- Harold Bays, “Central obesity as a clinical marker of adiposopathy; increased visceral adiposity as a surrogate marker for global fat dysfunction,” Current Opinion in Endocrinology Diabetes and Obesity, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 345–351, 2014.
- Sarah Chantler, Kasha Dickie, Lisa K. Micklesfield, and Julia H. Goedecke, “Longitudinal Changes in Body Fat and Its Distribution in Relation to Cardiometabolic Risk in Black South African Women,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, pp. 150827120439000, 2015.
- Irene Lambrinoudaki, Eleni Armeni, Demetrios Rizos, Georgios Georgiopoulos, Foteini Athanasouli, Nikolaos Triantafyllou, Konstantinos Panoulis, Areti Augoulea, Maria Creatsa, Andreas Alexandrou, Maria Alevizaki, and Kimon Stamatelopoulos, “Indices of adiposity and thyroid hormones in euthyroid postmenopausal women,” European Journal Of Endocrinology, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 237–245, 2015.
- Tomonori Aoki, Naoyoshi Nagata, Kayo Sakamoto, Tomohiro Arai, Ryota Niikura, Takuro Shimbo, Masafumi Shinozaki, Katsunori Sekine, Hidetaka Okubo, Kazuhiro Watanabe, Toshiyuki Sakurai, Chizu Yokoi, Junichi Akiyama, Mikio Yanase, Masashi Mizokami, Mitsuhiko Noda, and Naomi Uemura, “Abdominal Fat Accumulation, as Measured by Computed Tomography, Increases the Risk of Ischemic Colitis: A Retrospective Case-Control Study,” Digestive Diseases And Sciences, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 2104–2111, 2015.
- Fabrizio Montecucco, Sebastien Lenglet, Alessandra Quercioli, Fabienne Burger, Aurelien Thomas, Estelle Lauer, Analina Raquel da Silva, Francois Mach, Nicolas Vuilleumier, Elisabetta Bobbioni-Harsch, Alain Golay, Thomas H. Schindler, and Zoltan Pataky, “Gastric bypass in morbid obese patients is associated with reduction in adipose tissue inflammation via N-oleoylethanolamide (OEA)-mediated pathways,” Thrombosis And Haemostasis, vol. 113, no. 4, pp. 838–850, 2015.
- Delphine Lacroix, Sandrine Moutel, Muriel Coupaye, Helene Huvenne, Pauline Faucher, Veronique Pelloux, Christine Rouault, Jean-Philippe Bastard, Nicolas Cagnard, Beatrice Dubern, Karine Clement, and Christine Poitou, “Metabolic and Adipose Tissue Signatures in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome: A Model of Extreme Adiposity,” Journal Of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 850–859, 2015.
- Damien Garrido, Thomas Rubin, Mickael Poidevin, Brigitte Maroni, Arnaud Le Rouzic, Jean-Philippe Parvy, and Jacques Montagne, “Fatty Acid Synthase Cooperates with Glyoxalase 1 to Protect against Sugar Toxicity,” Plos Genetics, vol. 11, no. 2, 2015.