- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 492170, 9 pages
Methylation and Expression of Immune and Inflammatory Genes in the Offspring of Bariatric Bypass Surgery Patients
1Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods (INAF), Laval University, Québec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
2Endocrinology and Nephrology, CHU de Québec Research Center, Québec, QC, Canada G1V 4G2
3Québec Heart and Lung Institute, Québec, QC, Canada G1V 4G5
4Department of Medicine, Laval University, Québec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
5Department of Surgery, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
6Department of Surgery, Laval University, Québec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
Received 28 March 2013; Revised 17 May 2013; Accepted 22 May 2013
Academic Editor: Matthias Bluher
Copyright © 2013 Frédéric Guénard et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Keshari M. Thakali, Jessica Saben, Jennifer B. Faske, Forrest Lindsey, Horacio Gomez-Acevedo, Curtis L. Lowery, Thomas M. Badger, Aline Andres, and Kartik Shankar, “Maternal pregravid obesity changes gene expression profiles toward greater inflammation and reduced insulin sensitivity in umbilical cord,” Pediatric Research, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 202–210, 2014.
- Robert W. OʼRourke, “Metabolic Thrift and the Genetic Basis of Human Obesity,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 259, no. 4, pp. 642–648, 2014.
- Elvira Isganaitis, Melissa Woo, Huijuan Ma, Michael Chen, Wen Kong, Aristides Lytras, Vicencia Sales, Jennifer DeCoste-Lopez, Kyung-Ju Lee, Cianna Leatherwood, Deborah Lee, Connor Fitzpatrick, Walter Gall, Steven Watkins, and Mary-Elizabeth Patti, “Developmental Programming by Maternal Insulin Resistance: Hyperinsulinemia, Glucose Intolerance, and Dysregulated Lipid Metabolism in Male Offspring of Insulin-Resistant Mice,” Diabetes, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 688–700, 2014.
- Kristine Matusiak, Helen L. Barrett, Leonie K. Callaway, and Marloes Dekker Nitert, “Periconception Weight Loss: Common Sense for Mothers, but What about for Babies?,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Gemma C. Sharp, Debbie A. Lawlor, Rebecca C. Richmond, Abigail Fraser, Andrew Simpkin, Matthew Suderman, Hashem A. Shihab, Oliver Lyttleton, Wendy McArdle, Susan M. Ring, Tom R. Gaunt, George Davey Smith, and Caroline L. Relton, “Maternal pre-pregnancy BMI and gestational weight gain, offspring DNA methylation and later offspring adiposity: findings from the Avon Longitudinal S,” International Journal Of Epidemiology, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1288–1304, 2015.
- M. Desai, J. K. Jellyman, and M. G. Ross, “Epigenomics, gestational programming and risk of metabolic syndrome,” International Journal Of Obesity, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 633–641, 2015.
- Kittipan Rerkasem, Prakasit Rattanatanyong, Amaraporn Rerkasem, Antika Wongthanee, Kittipong Rungruengthanakit, Ampica Mangklabruks, and Apiwat Mutirangura, “Higher Alu Methylation Levels in Catch-Up Growth in Twenty-Year-Old Offsprings,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 3, 2015.
- Daniel Berglind, Patrick Müller, Mikaela Willmer, Indranil Sinha, Per Tynelius, Erik Näslund, Karin Dahlman-Wright, and Finn Rasmussen, “Differential methylation in inflammation and type 2 diabetes genes in siblings born before and after maternal bariatric surgery,” Obesity, 2015.
- Rodrigo B. Mansur, Elisa Brietzke, and Roger S. McIntyre, “Is there a “Metabolic-Mood Syndrome”? A Review of the Relationship Between Obesity and Mood Disorders,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2015.
- S. J. van Dijk, P. L. Molloy, H. Varinli, J. L. Morrison, and B. S. Muhlhausler, “Epigenetics and human obesity,” International Journal Of Obesity, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 85–97, 2015.
- Frederic Guenard, Maxime Lamontagne, Yohan Bosse, Yves Deshaies, Katherine Cianflone, John G. Kral, Picard Marceau, and Marie-Claude Vohl, “Influences of Gestational Obesity on Associations between Genotypes and Gene Expression Levels in Offspring following Maternal Gastrointestinal Bypass,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 1, 2015.
- Rebecca C. Richmond, Gemma C. Sharp, Mary E. Ward, Abigail Fraser, Oliver Lyttleton, Wendy L. McArdle, Susan M. Ring, Tom R. Gaunt, Debbie A. Lawlor, George Davey Smith, and Caroline L. Relton, “ DNA Methylation and BMI: Investigating Identified Methylation Sites at HIF3A in a Causal Framework ,” Diabetes, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 1231–1244, 2016.