- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 516767, 6 pages
Newspaper Coverage Effects on the Promotion of a Lifestyle Intervention Program
Department of Education and Sport Science, University of Stavanger, 4036 Stavanger, Norway
Received 15 May 2013; Revised 5 September 2013; Accepted 26 September 2013
Academic Editor: George P. Nassis
Copyright © 2013 Sindre M. Dyrstad and Leif I. Tjelta. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Oja, F. C. Bull, M. Fogelholm, and B. W. Martin, “Physical activity recommendations for health: what should Europe do?” BMC Public Health, vol. 10, article 10, 2010.
- I. Vuori, “Physical activity and cardiovascular disease prevention in Europe: an update,” Kinesiology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 5–15, 2010.
- D. E. R. Warburton, S. Charlesworth, A. Ivey, L. Nettlefold, and S. S. D. Bredin, “A systematic review of the evidence for Canada's physical activity guidelines for adults,” International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, vol. 7, article 39, 2010.
- G. Samitz, M. Egger, and M. Zwahlen, “Domains of physical activity and all-cause mortality: systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of cohort studies,” International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 1382–1400, 2011.
- G. Breivik and K. Rafoss, Physical Activity, Dimensions, Organization and Social Differences—An Update and Revision, Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Oslo, Norway, 2012.
- B. H. Hansen, E. Kolle, S. M. Dyrstad, I. Holme, and S. A. Anderssen, “Accelerometer-determined physical activity in adults and older people,” Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 266–272, 2012.
- R. C. Brownson, T. K. Boehmer, and D. A. Luke, “Declining rates of physical activity in the United States: what are the contributors?” Annual Review of Public Health, vol. 26, pp. 421–443, 2005.
- E. B. Kahn, L. T. Ramsey, R. C. Brownson et al., “The effectiveness of interventions to increase physical activity: a systematic review,” The American Journal of Preventive Medicine, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 73–107, 2002.
- C. Foster, M. Hillsdon, and M. Thorogood, “Interventions for promoting physical activity,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 1, Article ID CD003180, 2005.
- S. Y. Wu, D. Cohen, Y. Shi, M. Pearson, and R. Sturm, “Economic analysis of physical activity interventions,” The American Journal of Preventive Medicine, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 149–158, 2011.
- L. I. Tjelta, A. R. Tjelta, and S. M. Dyrstad, “Relationship between velocity at anaerobic threshold and factors affecting velocity at anaerobic threshold in elite distance runners,” International Journal of Applied Sports Sciences, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 8–17, 2012.
- E. Enoksen, L. I. Tjelta, and A. R. Tjelta, “Distribution of training volume and intensity of elite male and female track and marathon runners,” International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 273–293, 2011.
- J. A. Reed, “Examining the impact of an email campaign to promote physical activity and walking in adult women six-weeks and one-year post-intervention,” The ICHPER-SD Journal of Research, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 64–69, 2009.
- Y. Ommundsen and A. A. Aadland, Physical Inactive People in Norway. Who Is Inacticve and How Can They Be Motivated for Physical Activity, Norwegian Health Directorate, Norwegian Cancer Assosiation, Norwegan Federation for Company Sport, Oslo, Norway, 2009.
- J. O. Prochaska, B. H. Marcus, and R. K. Dishman, “The transtheoretical model: applications to exercise,” in Advances in Exercise Adherence, pp. 161–180, Human Kinetics, Champaign, Ill, USA, 1994.
- B. H. Marcus and L. H. Forsyth, Motivating People to Be Physically Active, Human Kinetics, Champaign, Ill, USA, 2003.
- L. A. Hagberg and L. Lindholm, “Cost-effectiveness of healthcare-based interventions aimed at improving physical activity,” Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 641–653, 2006.