- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 525161, 10 pages
Diet Quality, Measured by Fruit and Vegetable Intake, Predicts Weight Change in Young Women
1Priority Research Centre in Physical Activity and Nutrition, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW 2308, Australia
2School of Health Sciences, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW 2308, Australia
3Faculty of Nutrition and Health Science, King Abdul-Aziz University, Jeddah, MK 80200, Saudi Arabia
4Faculty of Health, University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2007, Australia
Received 14 December 2012; Revised 18 June 2013; Accepted 11 July 2013
Academic Editor: Sarah McNaughton
Copyright © 2013 Haya M. Aljadani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jari E. Kaikkonen, Vera Mikkilä, and Olli T. Raitakari, “Role of Childhood Food Patterns on Adult Cardiovascular Disease Risk,” Current Atherosclerosis Reports, vol. 16, no. 10, 2014.
- Jenna L. Hollis, Lauren T. Williams, Myles D. Young, Katherine T. Pollard, Clare E. Collins, and Philip J. Morgan, “Compliance to step count and vegetable serve recommendations mediates weight gain prevention in mid-age, premenopausal women. Findings of the 40-Something RCT,” Appetite, 2014.
- Monica L. Bertoia, Kenneth J. Mukamal, Leah E. Cahill, Tao Hou, David S. Ludwig, Dariush Mozaffarian, Walter C. Willett, Frank B. Hu, and Eric B. Rimm, “Changes in Intake of Fruits and Vegetables and Weight Change in United States Men and Women Followed for Up to 24 Years: Analysis from Three Prospecti,” Plos Medicine, vol. 12, no. 9, 2015.
- R.A. Iseme, M. McEvoy, B. Kelly, L. Agnew, J. Attia, F.R. Walker, C. Oldmeadow, and M. Boyle, “Autoantibodies are not predictive markers for the development of depressive symptoms in a population-based cohort of older adults,” European Psychiatry, 2015.
- A. González-González, M.P. Falero-Gallego, O. Redondo-González, and A. Muñoz-Serrano, “Patrón dietético de la población escolar del Área La Mancha-Centro (Ciudad Real),” Anales de Pediatría, 2015.
- Monica Marina Nour, Kevin McGeechan, Annette TY Wong, Stephanie R Partridge, Kate Balestracci, Rajshri Roy, Lana Hebden, and Margaret Allman-Farinelli, “Diet Quality of Young Adults Enrolling in TXT2BFiT, a Mobile Phone-Based Healthy Lifestyle Intervention,” JMIR Research Protocols, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. e60, 2015.
- Samuel Duran-Agueero, Pablo Valdes-Badilla, Andres Godoy Cumillaf, and Tomas Herrera-Valenzuela, “Consumption Of Fruits And Its Association With Nutritional Status In Chilean University Students Career Of Physical Education,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 2247–2252, 2015.
- P Mirmiran, Z Bahadoran, N Moslehi, S Bastan, and F Azizi, “Colors of fruits and vegetables and 3-year changes of cardiometabolic risk factors in adults: Tehran lipid and glucose study,” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2015.
- Benedicte Deforche, Delfien Van Dyck, Tom Deliens, and Ilse De Bourdeaudhuij, “Changes in weight, physical activity, sedentary behaviour and dietary intake during the transition to higher education: a prospective study,” International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, vol. 12, no. 1, 2015.
- Amanda Taylor, Freya Wilson, Gilly A. Hendrie, Margaret Allman-Farinelli, and Manny Noakes, “Feasibility of a Healthy Trolley Index to assess dietary quality of the household food supply,” British Journal Of Nutrition, vol. 114, no. 12, pp. 2129–2137, 2015.
- Lukas Schwingshackl, Georg Hoffmann, Tamara Kalle-Uhlmann, Maria Arregui, Brian Buijsse, and Heiner Boeing, “Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Changes in Anthropometric Variables in Adult Populations: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Prospective Coh,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 10, 2015.
- Haya Aljadani, Amanda Patterson, David Sibbritt, and Clare E. Collins, “Diet Quality and Weight Change in Adults Over Time: A Systematic Review of Cohort Studies,” Current Nutrition Reports, 2015.
- Sarah Schumacher, and Anne Davis, “Measuring the Eating Habits of Registered Dietitians,” Topics in Clinical Nutrition, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 222–229, 2015.
- A. González-González, M.P. Falero-Gallego, O. Redondo-González, and A. Muñoz-Serrano, “Food habits of the school population from La Mancha-Centro Health Area (Ciudad Real),” Anales de Pediatría (English Edition), 2016.
- Rebecca A. Seguin, Anju Aggarwal, Francoise Vermeylen, and Adam Drewnowski, “Consumption Frequency of Foods Away from Home Linked with Higher Body Mass Index and Lower Fruit and Vegetable Intake among Adults: A Cross-Sectional Study,” Journal of Environmental and Public Health, vol. 2016, pp. 1–12, 2016.