- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 616193, 9 pages
The Role of the Immune System in Obesity and Insulin Resistance
1Diabetes Research Center, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
2Endocrine Service, Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Received 29 November 2012; Accepted 20 February 2013
Academic Editor: Nicola Abate
Copyright © 2013 Payal S. Patel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bernard Guy-Grand, “Immunité et obésité,” Cahiers de Nutrition et de Diététique, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 155–156, 2013.
- Kohei Yuyama, Susumu Mitsutake, and Yasuyuki Igarashi, “Pathological roles of ceramide and its metabolites in metabolic syndrome and Alzheimer's disease,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, 2013.
- Alan W. Stitt, Sarah E.J. Chambers, Christina L. O’Neill, T. Michelle O’Doherty, and Reinhold J. Medina, “Harnessing immune-related myeloid cells for therapeutic angiogenesis,” Immunobiology, 2013.
- Maria R. Bonsignore, Anne-Laure Borel, Elizabeth Machan, and Ron Grunstein, “Sleep apnoea and metabolic dysfunction,” European Respiratory Review, vol. 22, no. 129, pp. 353–364, 2013.
- V. Miller, and M. J. Soares, “Response to the letter of Kawada T on adiponectin and the metabolic syndrom e,” European Journal Of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 67, no. 8, pp. 897–897, 2013.
- Yinfang Tu, Haoyong Yu, Pin Zhang, Jianzhong Di, Xiaodong Han, Songhua Wu, Yuqian Bao, and Weiping Jia, “Decreased serum CA19-9 is associated with improvement of insulin resistance and metabolic control in patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass,” Journal of Diabetes Investigation, 2014.
- Zheng Li, Ya-Na Geng, Jian-Dong Jiang, and Wei-Jia Kong, “Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Berberine in the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Jamshid Vafaeimanesh, Akram Heidari, Marzieh Effatpanah, and Mahmoud Parham, “Serum Adiponectin Level in Diabetic Patients with and without Helicobacter pylori Infection: Is There Any Difference?,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–4, 2014.