- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 715618, 7 pages
The Associations of Parenting Factors with Adolescent Body Mass Index in an Underserved Population
1Department of Clinical & Health Psychology, University of Florida, P.O. Box 100165, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
2Department of Psychology, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
3Texas Prevention Institute, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Received 16 December 2012; Revised 6 April 2013; Accepted 22 April 2013
Academic Editor: Reza Majdzadeh
Copyright © 2013 Elizabeth M. Schneider et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jacqueline M. Van Grouw, and Stella L. Volpe, “Childhood obesity in America,” Current Opinion in Endocrinology & Diabetes and Obesity, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 396–400, 2013.
- Hannah G Lawman, and Dawn K Wilson, “Associations of social and environmental supports with sedentary behavior, light and moderate-to-vigorous physical activity in obese underserved adolescents,” International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, vol. 11, no. 1, 2014.
- Yolanda Flores-Pena, Rosario Edith Ortiz-Felix, Velia Margarita Cardenas-Villarreal, Hermelinda Avila-Alpirez, Corina Mariela Alba-Alba, and Roandy Gaspar Hernandez-Carranco, “Maternal Eating and Physical Activity Strategies and their Relation with Children's Nutritional Status,” Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 286–292, 2014.
- Beth A. Conlon, Aileen P. McGinn, David W. Lounsbury, Pamela M. Diamantis, Adriana E. Groisman-Perelstein, Judith Wylie-Rosett, and Carmen Isasi, “The Role of Parenting Practices in the Home Environment among Underserved Youth,” Childhood Obesity, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 394–405, 2015.
- Sandra C. Soto, Elva M. Arredondo, Lucy A. Horton, and Guadalupe X. Ayala, “Validation of the modified Parenting Strategies for Eating and Physical Activity Scale-Diet (PEAS-Diet) in Latino children,” Appetite, vol. 98, pp. 55–62, 2016.