- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 732579, 7 pages
Individual-, Family-, Community-, and Policy-Level Impact of a School-Based Cardiovascular Risk Detection Screening Program for Children in Underserved, Rural Areas: The CARDIAC Project
1Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, One Medical Drive, P.O. Box 9214, RCBHSC, Morgantown, WV 26506-9214, USA
2The West Virginia University Extension Service, 29 Beechurst Avenue, Morgantown, WV 26506-6031, USA
3Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, West Virginia University, P.O. Box 9190, Morgantown, WV 26506-9190, USA
4College of Physical Activity and Sports Sciences, West Virginia University, P.O. Box 6116, Morgantown, WV 26506-6116, USA
5School of Nursing, Alderson Broaddus College, 101 College Hill Drive, Phillipi, WV 26416, USA
Received 31 December 2012; Revised 8 May 2013; Accepted 17 May 2013
Academic Editor: Roya Kelishadi
Copyright © 2013 Lesley Cottrell et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- C. L. Lilly, Y. D. Gebremariam, L. Cottrell, C. John, and W. Neal, “Trends in serum lipids among 5th grade CARDIAC participants, 2002-2012,” Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 218–223, 2013.
- Joshua W. Knowles, Emily C. O’Brien, Karen Greendale, Katherine Wilemon, Jacques Genest, Laurence S. Sperling, William A. Neal, Daniel J. Rader, and Muin J. Khoury, “Reducing the Burden of Disease and Death from Familial Hypercholesterolemia: A Call to Action,” American Heart Journal, 2014.
- Tamara Dubowitz, Collette Ncube, Kristin Leuschner, and Shannah Tharp-Gilliam, “A Natural Experiment Opportunity in Two Low-Income Urban Food Desert Communities: Research Design, Community Engagement Methods, and Baseline Results,” Health Education & Behavior, vol. 42, pp. 87S–96S, 2015.
- Tracy L. Nelson, NaNet Puccetti, and Gary J. Luckasen, “Healthy hearts: a cross-sectional study of clinical cardiovascular disease risk factors in Northern Colorado school children (1992–2013),” BMC Obesity, vol. 2, no. 1, 2015.
- Lidewij Henneman, Colleen McBride, Martina Cornel, Debra Duquette, and Nadeem Qureshi, “Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia in Children: What Can We Learn From Adult Screening Programs?,” Healthcare, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1018–1030, 2015.
- D. R. Sullivan, L. Freeman, L. Molloy, and G. Williams, “Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolaemia: Universal or Cascade? A Critique of Current FH Recognition Strategies,” Current Cardiovascular Risk Reports, vol. 9, no. 2, 2015.