- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 820956, 10 pages
The Relationship between Executive Function and Obesity in Children and Adolescents: A Systematic Literature Review
1Medical Student at the Medical University of South Carolina, 169 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
2Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2146 Belcourt Avenue, 2nd Floor, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
3Diabetes Research and Training Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1211 Medical Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Received 15 November 2012; Revised 7 January 2013; Accepted 21 January 2013
Academic Editor: Ajay K. Gupta
Copyright © 2013 Kaela R. S. Reinert et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eli K. Po’e, William J. Heerman, Rishi S. Mistry, and Shari L. Barkin, “Growing Right Onto Wellness (GROW): A Family-Centered, Community-Based Obesity Prevention Randomized Controlled Trial for Preschool Child-Parent Pairs,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, 2013.
- Eli K. Po'e, William J. Heerman, and Rishi S. Mistry, “Growing Right Onto Wellness (GROW): A family-centered, community-based obes ity prevention randomized controlled trial for preschool child-parent pairs ,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 436–449, 2013.
- Erika Comencini, Brenda Vincenzi, Mario Speranza, and Marco Angriman, “Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and impairment in executive functi ons: a barrier to weight loss in individuals with obesity?,” Bmc Psychiatry, vol. 13, 2013.
- Alyson A. Miller, and Sarah J. Spencer, “Obesity and neuroinflammation: A pathway to cognitive impairment,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2014.
- Idoia Marqués-Iturria, Maite Garolera, Roser Pueyo, Bàrbara Segura, Imma Hernan, Isabel García-García, Consuelo Sánchez-Garre, María Vernet-Vernet, María José Sender-Palacios, Ana Narberhaus, Mar Ariza, Carme Junqué, and María Ángeles Jurado, “ The interaction effect between BDNF val66met polymorphism and obesity on executive functions and frontal structure ,” American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics, 2014.
- Jale Özyurt, Anna Lorenzen, Ursel Gebhardt, Monika Warmuth-Metz, Hermann L. Müller, and Christiane M. Thiel, “Remote effects of hypothalamic lesions in the prefrontal cortex of craniopharygioma patients,” Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 2014.