- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 820956, 10 pages
The Relationship between Executive Function and Obesity in Children and Adolescents: A Systematic Literature Review
1Medical Student at the Medical University of South Carolina, 169 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
2Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2146 Belcourt Avenue, 2nd Floor, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
3Diabetes Research and Training Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1211 Medical Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Received 15 November 2012; Revised 7 January 2013; Accepted 21 January 2013
Academic Editor: Ajay K. Gupta
Copyright © 2013 Kaela R. S. Reinert et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eli K. Po’e, William J. Heerman, Rishi S. Mistry, and Shari L. Barkin, “Growing Right Onto Wellness (GROW): A Family-Centered, Community-Based Obesity Prevention Randomized Controlled Trial for Preschool Child-Parent Pairs,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, 2013.
- Eli K. Po'e, William J. Heerman, Rishi S. Mistry, and Shari L. Barkin, “Growing Right Onto Wellness (GROW): A family-centered, community-based obesity prevention randomized controlled trial for preschool child-parent pairs,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 436–449, 2013.
- Samuele Cortese, Erika Comencini, Brenda Vincenzi, Mario Speranza, and Marco Angriman, “Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and impairment in executive functions: a barrier to weight loss in individuals with obesity?,” Bmc Psychiatry, vol. 13, 2013.
- Juvenal A. Ríos, Pedro Cisternas, Marco Arrese, Salesa Barja, and Nibaldo C. Inestrosa, “Is Alzheimer's Disease related to Metabolic Syndrome? A Wnt Signaling Conundrum,” Progress in Neurobiology, 2014.
- Peter A. Hall, and Theresa M. Marteau, “Executive function in the context of chronic disease prevention: Theory, research and practice,” Preventive Medicine, 2014.
- Ted M. Hsu, and Scott E. Kanoski, “Blood-brain barrier disruption: mechanistic links between Western diet consumption and dementia,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2014.
- Tanja Legenbauer, and Adrian Meule, “Impulsivität bei Adipositas und Binge-Eating-Störung,” DNP - Der Neurologe und Psychiater, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 44–53, 2014.
- Auriel A. Willette, and Dimitrios Kapogiannis, “Does the brain shrink as the waist expands?,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2014.
- Alyson A. Miller, and Sarah J. Spencer, “Obesity and neuroinflammation: A pathway to cognitive impairment,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2014.
- Jale Özyurt, Anna Lorenzen, Ursel Gebhardt, Monika Warmuth-Metz, Hermann L. Müller, and Christiane M. Thiel, “Remote effects of hypothalamic lesions in the prefrontal cortex of craniopharygioma patients,” Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 2014.
- Idoia Marqués-Iturria, Maite Garolera, Roser Pueyo, Bàrbara Segura, Imma Hernan, Isabel García-García, Consuelo Sánchez-Garre, María Vernet-Vernet, María José Sender-Palacios, Ana Narberhaus, Mar Ariza, Carme Junqué, and María Ángeles Jurado, “ The interaction effect between BDNF val66met polymorphism and obesity on executive functions and frontal structure ,” American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics, 2014.
- Adela Hruby, and Frank B. Hu, “The Epidemiology of Obesity: A Big Picture,” PharmacoEconomics, 2014.
- Karoline Groppe, and Birgit Elsner, “The influence of hot and cool executive function on the development of eating styles related to overweight in children,” Appetite, 2014.
- Jayanthi Raman, Phillipa Hay, and Evelyn Smith, “Manualised Cognitive Remediation Therapy for adult obesity: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial,” Trials, vol. 15, 2014.
- Adrian Meule, and Petra Platte, “Facets of impulsivity interactively predict body fat and binge eating in young women,” Appetite, 2015.