- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 827674, 13 pages
Heath Beliefs of UK South Asians Related to Lifestyle Diseases: A Review of Qualitative Literature
1School of Psychology, Faculty of Life Sciences and Computing, London Metropolitan University, 166-220 Holloway Road, London N7 8DB, UK
2Department of Non-communicable Disease Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Received 12 October 2012; Accepted 26 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jamy D. Ard
Copyright © 2013 Anna Lucas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Roy W. Mayega, Samuel Etajak, Elizeus Rutebemberwa, Goran Tomson, and Juliet Kiguli, “'Change means sacrificing a good life': perceptions about severity of type 2 diabetes and preventive lifestyles among people afflicted or at high risk of type 2 diabetes in Iganga Uganda,” Bmc Public Health, vol. 14, 2014.
- Terese DeFor, Gabriela Vazquez Benitez, and Thomas E. Kottke, “Lipid abnormalities in foreign-born and US-born patients in a medical group,” Journal of Clinical Lipidology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 77–85, 2014.
- Min Hae Park, Catherine L. Falconer, Helen Croker, Sonia Saxena, Anthony S. Kessel, Russell M. Viner, and Sanjay Kinra, “Predictors of health-related behaviour change in parents of overweight children in England,” Preventive Medicine, 2014.
- Jawali Jaranilla, Terese DeFor, Gabriela Vazquez Benitez, and Thomas E. Kottke, “Lipid abnormalities in foreign-born and US-born patients in a medical group,” Journal of Clinical Lipidology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 77–85, 2014.
- Catherine L. Falconer, Min Hae Park, Helen Croker, Anthony S. Kessel, Sonia Saxena, Russell M. Viner, and Sanjay Kinra, “Can the relationship between ethnicity and obesity-related behaviours among school-aged children be explained by deprivation? A cross-sectional study,” Bmj Open, vol. 4, no. 1, 2014.
- Barry Bogin, Diane Harper, Joy Merrell, Jasmin Chowdhury, Michael Heinrich, Vanja Garaj, Bablin Molik, and Janice L. Thompson, “Influence of Adult Knee Height, Age at First Birth, Migration, and Current Age on Adult Physical Function of Bangladeshi Mothers and Daughters in the United Kingdom and Bangladesh,” Journal of Anthropology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.