- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 837989, 5 pages
The Impact of Bariatric Surgery on Psychological Health
1Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T5H 3V9
2Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T5H 3V9
3Royal Alexandra Hospital, Room 405, Community Services Center 10240 Kingsway, Edmonton, AB, Canada T5H 3V9
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 12 March 2013
Academic Editor: Lien Goossens
Copyright © 2013 Jeremy F. Kubik et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Astrid Müller, James E. Mitchell, Cindy Sondag, and Martina Zwaan, “Psychiatric Aspects of Bariatric Surgery,” Current Psychiatry Reports, vol. 15, no. 10, 2013.
- Shannon M. Clark, Karen K. Saules, Leslie M. Schuh, Joseph Stote, and David B. Creel, “Associations between Relationship Stability, Relationship Quality, and Weight Loss Outcomes among Bariatric Surgery Patients,” Eating Behaviors, 2014.
- Sabine Herget, Almut Rudolph, Anja Hilbert, and Susann Blueher, “Psychosocial Status and Mental Health in Adolescents before and after Bariatric Surgery: A Systematic Literature Review,” Obesity Facts, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 233–245, 2014.
- Sandra Milic, Davorka Lulic, and Davor Stimac, “Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and obesity: Biochemical, metabolic and clinical presentations,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 28, pp. 9330–9337, 2014.
- Amrita Ghai, Irena Milosevic, Michele Laliberte, Valerie H. Taylor, and Randi E. McCabe, “Body image concerns in obese women seeking bariatric surgery,” Ethnicity and Inequalities in Health and Social Care, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 96–107, 2014.
- Kristen Votruba, David Marshall, Jonathan Finks, and Bruno Giordani, “Neuropsychological Factors and Bariatric Surgery: A Review,” Current Psychiatry Reports, vol. 16, no. 6, 2014.
- Rayford S. Kruger, Victor E. Pricolo, Thomas T. Streeter, Donald A. Colacchio, and Urszula A. Andrade, “A Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence: Operative Trends and Long-Term Outcomes,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 2014.
- Juyeon Park, and Melissa Cozza, “Research Trends in Measurement of Quality of Life Following Bariatric Surgery: Emerging Interest in Appearance,” Bariatric Surgical Practice And Patient Care, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 160–168, 2014.
- Hilary I Price, Deborah M Gregory, and Laurie K Twells, “Body shape expectations and self-ideal body shape discrepancy in women seeking bariatric surgery: a cross-sectional study,” BMC Obesity, vol. 1, no. 1, 2014.
- Daniel D. Green, Scott G. Engel, and James E. Mitchell, “Psychological aspects of bariatric surgery,” Current Opinion in Psychiatry, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 448–452, 2014.
- Twyla Goritz, and Elsie Duff, “Bariatric Surgery: Comprehensive Strategies for Management in Primary Care,” Jnp-Journal for Nurse Practitioners, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 83–89, 2014.
- Samantha Scholtz, Anthony P. Goldstone, and Carel W. le Roux, “Changes in Reward after Gastric Bypass: the Advantages and Disadvantages,” Current Atherosclerosis Reports, vol. 17, no. 10, 2015.
- Oscar K. Serrano, Jonathan E. Tannebaum, Lindsay Cumella, Jenny Choi, Pratibha Vemulapalli, W. Scott Melvin, and Diego R. Camacho, “Weight loss outcomes and complications from bariatric surgery in the super super obese,” Surgical Endoscopy, 2015.
- Antonio Mirijello, Cristina D’Angelo, Amerigo Iaconelli, Esmeralda Capristo, Anna Ferrulli, Laura Leccesi, Anthony Cossari, Raffaele Landolfi, and Giovanni Addolorato, “Social phobia and quality of life in morbidly obese patients before and after bariatric surgery,” Journal of Affective Disorders, vol. 179, pp. 95–100, 2015.
- N. Lindekilde, B. P. Gladstone, M. Lübeck, J. Nielsen, L. Clausen, W. Vach, and A. Jones, “The impact of bariatric surgery on quality of life: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Obesity Reviews, 2015.
- Valerio Nobili, Pietro Vajro, Antal Dezsofi, Bjorn Fischler, Nedim Hadzic, Joerg Jahnel, Thierry Lamireau, Patrick McKiernan, Valerie McLin, Piotr Socha, Sarah Tizzard, and Ulrich Baumann, “Indications and Limitations of Bariatric Intervention in Severely Obese Children and Adolescents With and Without Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis,” Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 550–561, 2015.
- Alejandro Magallares, and Georg Schomerus, “Mental and physical health-related quality of life in obese patients before and after bariatric surgery: A meta-analysis,” Psychology Health & Medicine, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 165–176, 2015.