- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 839275, 11 pages
Bariatric Surgery as Potential Treatment for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: A Future Treatment by Choice or by Chance?
1Department of Emergency Medicine, The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough TS4 3BW, UK
2Department of Medicine, Wexham Park Hospital, Slough, Berkshire SL2 4HL, UK
Received 1 November 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ahmed Almobarak
Copyright © 2013 Shuja Hafeez and Mohamed H. Ahmed. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- AiXuan Holterman, Juan Gurria, Smita Tanpure, and Nerina Disomma, “Non alcoholic fatty liver disease and bariatric surgery in adolescents,” Seminars in Pediatric Surgery, 2013.
- Mariangela Morelli, Melania Gaggini, Giuseppe Daniele, Paolo Marraccini, and Rosa Sicari, “Ectopic fat: the true culprit linking obesity and cardiovascular disease?,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 651–660, 2013.
- Peter Dietrich, and Claus Hellerbrand, “Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, obesity and the metabolic syndrome,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Gastroenterology, 2014.
- Gene Y. Im, Nir Lubezky, and Marcelo E. Facciuto, “Surgery in Patients with Portal Hypertension A Preoperative Checklist and S trategies for Attenuating Risk,” Clinics in Liver Disease, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 477–+, 2014.
- Pooja Jha, Astrid Knopf, Harald Koefeler, Michaela Mueller, Carolin Lackner, Gerald Hoefler, Thierry Claudel, and Michael Trauner, “Role of Adipose Tissue in Methionine-Choline-deficient Model of Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH),” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2014.
- M. Vanderbeken, M. Warlaumont, R. Caiazzo, and M. Pigeyre, “La chirurgie bariatrique permet-elle une diminution du risque oncologique chez le sujet obèse ?,” Obésité, 2014.