- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 934653, 6 pages
Short- and Midterm Results between Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy for the Treatment of Morbid Obesity
Department of Digestive and Bariatric Surgery, TOURS University Hospital (Hôpital Trousseau), Avenue de la République, Chambray lès Tours, 37170 Tours, France
Received 5 March 2013; Accepted 1 August 2013
Academic Editor: Renato Pasquali
Copyright © 2013 Bandar Albeladi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ahmed Guirat, Martino Guenzi, Paulo Pereira, and Ioan Bachner, “What is the role of the sleeve gastrectomy in the surgical treatment of morbid obesity?,” European Surgery, 2014.
- Chengda Zhang, Yuan Yuan, Cuiqiong Qiu, and Weidong Zhang, “A Meta-analysis of 2-Year Effect After Surgery: Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Versus Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy for Morbid Obesity and Diabetes Mellitus,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1528–1535, 2014.
- Yong Zhang, Wang Ju, Xiangyu Sun, Zhanguo Cao, Xu Xinsheng, Liu Daquan, Xin Xiangyang, and Mingfang Qin, “Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Versus Laparoscopic Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass for Morbid Obesity and Related Comorbidities: A Meta-Analysis of 21 Studies,” Obesity Surgery, 2014.
- Maher El Chaar, Nadine Hammoud, George Ezeji, Leonardo Claros, Maureen Miletics, and Jill Stoltzfus, “Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Versus Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: A Single Center Experience with 2 Years Follow-Up,” Obesity Surgery, 2014.
- Jose Luis Leyba, Salvador Navarrete Llopis, and Salvador Navarrete Aulestia, “Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Versus Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy for the Treatment of Morbid Obesity. A Prospective Study with 5 Years of Follow-Up,” Obesity Surgery, 2014.
- Jens Homan, Bark Betzel, Edo O. Aarts, Kees J.M. van Laarhoven, Ignace M.C. Janssen, and Frits J. Berends, “Secondary surgery after sleeve gastrectomy: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2014.
- Zachary Torgersen, Angela Osmolak, and Robert Armour Forse, “Sleeve gastrectomy and Roux En Y gastric bypass: current state of metabolic surgery,” Current Opinion in Endocrinology Diabetes and Obesity, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 352–357, 2014.
- Mereb Araia, Michael Wood, Joshua Kroll, Abdul Abou-Samra, and Berhane Seyoum, “Resolution of Diabetes After Bariatric Surgery Among Predominantly African-American Patients,” Obesity Surgery, 2014.
- Douglas A. Hirth, Edward L. Jones, Kevin B. Rothchild, Breana C. Mitchell, and Jonathan A. Schoen, “Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: long-term weight loss outcomes,” Surgery For Obesity And Related Diseases, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1004–1007, 2015.
- Tamer Youssef, Emad Abdalla, Khalid El-Alfy, Ibrahim Dawoud, Mosaad Morshed, and Mohamed Farid, “Impact of Botulinum Neurotoxin Pyloric Injection During Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy on Postoperative Gastric Leak: a Clinical Randomized Study,” Obesity Surgery, 2015.
- David Goitein, Asnat Raziel, Amir Szold, and Nasser Sakran, “Assessment of perioperative complications following primary bariatric surgery according to the Clavien–Dindo classification: comparison of sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-Y gastric bypass,” Surgical Endoscopy, 2015.
- Giovanni Casella, Emanuele Soricelli, Alfredo Genco, Giancarlo Ferrazza, Nicola Basso, and Adriano Redler, “Use of Platelet-Rich Plasma to Reinforce the Staple Line During Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy: Feasibility Study and Preliminary Outcome,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques, pp. 150210140345006, 2015.
- Jianfang Li, Dandan Lai, and Dongping Wu, “Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Versus Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy to Treat Morbid Obesity-Related Comorbidities: a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis,” Obesity Surgery, 2015.
- Andreas Alexandrou, Evangelia Tsoka, Eleni Armeni, Demetrios Rizos, Theodoros Diamantis, Areti Augoulea, Constantinos Panoulis, Theodoros Liakakos, and Irene Lambrinoudaki, “Determinants of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism in Bariatric Patients after Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass or Sleeve Gastrectomy: A Pilot Study,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2015, pp. 1–7, 2015.