- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 935245, 7 pages
Organized Sports, Overweight, and Physical Fitness in Primary School Children in Germany
1Division of Sports and Rehabilitation Medicine, Ulm University Medical Centre, 89075 Ulm, Germany
2Institute of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Regensburg, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
3Institute of Epidemiology and Medical Biometrics, Ulm University, 89075 Ulm, Germany
4Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Ulm University Medical Centre, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Received 11 October 2012; Accepted 11 February 2013
Academic Editor: Jana Pařízková
Copyright © 2013 Clemens Drenowatz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Anne I Wijtzes, Selma H Bouthoorn, Wilma Jansen, Oscar H Franco, Albert Hofman, Vincent WV Jaddoe, and Hein Raat, “Sedentary behaviors, physical activity behaviors, and body fat in 6-year-old children: the Generation R Study,” International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, vol. 11, no. 1, 2014.
- Kathleen Golle, Urs Granacher, Martin Hoffmann, Ditmar Wick, and Thomas Muehlbauer, “Effect of living area and sports club participation on physical fitness in children: a 4 year longitudinal study,” Bmc Public Health, vol. 14, 2014.
- Michelle R. Stone, and Guy E.J. Faulkner, “Outdoor play in children: Associations with objectively-measured physical activity, sedentary behaviour and weight status,” Preventive Medicine, 2014.
- Tom Baranowski, Teresia O'Connor, Craig Johnston, Sheryl Hughes, Jennette Moreno, Tzu-An Chen, Lisa Meltzer, and Janice Baranowski, “School Year Versus Summer Differences in Child Weight Gain: A Narrative Review,” Childhood Obesity, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 18–24, 2014.