- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 495084, 7 pages
Development of Automatic Visceral Fat Volume Calculation Software for CT Volume Data
1Department of Radiology, The University of Tokyo Hospital, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
2Imaging Center, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Xinjiang Medical University, The 2Rd Xiang 38, Nan Hu Dong Road, Urumqi, Xinjiang 830063, China
3Department of Computational Diagnostic Radiology and Preventive Medicine, The University of Tokyo Hospital, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
Received 2 September 2013; Revised 22 January 2014; Accepted 13 February 2014; Published 20 March 2014
Academic Editor: Mark A. Pereira
Copyright © 2014 Mitsutaka Nemoto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Definition, Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus and Its Complications, World Health Organisation, 1999.
- Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults, “Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (adult treatment panel III),” The Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 285, no. 19, pp. 2486–2497, 2001.
- S. Z. Yanovski, “Overweight, obesity, and health risk: National Task Force on the prevention and treatment of obesity,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 160, no. 7, pp. 898–904, 2000.
- O. A. MacDougald and C. F. Burant, “The rapidly expanding family of adipokines,” Cell Metabolism, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 159–161, 2007.
- I. Shimomura, T. Funahashi, M. Takahashi et al., “Enhanced expression of PAI-1 in visceral fat: possible contributor to vascular disease in obesity,” Nature Medicine, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 800–803, 1996.
- S. Wei, M. Punyanitya, C. Jun et al., “Waist circumference correlates with metabolic syndrome indicators better than percentage fat,” Obesity, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 727–736, 2006.
- I. Janssen, S. B. Heymsfield, D. B. Allison, D. P. Kotler, and R. Ross, “Body mass index and waist circumference independently contribute to the prediction of nonabdominal, abdominal subcutaneous, and visceral fat,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 683–688, 2002.
- B. Zhao, J. Colville, J. Kalaigian et al., “Automated quantification of body fat distribution on volumetric computed tomography,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 777–783, 2006.
- S. Tanaka, M. Yoshiyama, Y. Imanishi et al., “MR measurement of visceral fat: assessment of metabolic syndrome,” Magnetic Resonance in Medical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 207–210, 2006.
- V. Positano, A. Gastaldelli, A. M. Sironi, M. F. Santarelli, M. Lombardi, and L. Landini, “An accurate and robust method for unsupervised assessment of abdominal fat by MRI,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 684–689, 2004.
- T.-H. Liou, W. P. Chan, L.-C. Pan, P.-W. Lin, P. Chou, and C.-H. Chen, “Fully automated large-scale assessment of visceral and subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue by magnetic resonance imaging,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 844–852, 2006.
- T. Yoshizumi, T. Nakamura, M. Yamane et al., “Abdominal fat: standardized technique for measurement at CT,” Radiology, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 283–286, 1999.
- Y. Masutani, “RBF-based representation of volumetric data: application in visualization and segmentation,” in Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention—MICCAI 2002, T. Dohi and R. Kikinis, Eds., pp. 300–307, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2002.
- Y. Nomura, N. Hayashi, Y. Masutani et al., “CIRCUS: an MDA platform for clinical image analysis in hospitals,” Transactions on Mass-Data Analysis of Images and Signals, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 112–127, 2010.