- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 172593, 6 pages
Human Genetics of Diabetic Retinopathy: Current Perspectives
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 16 Medical Drive MD3, Singapore 117597
Received 4 January 2010; Accepted 16 June 2010
Academic Editor: Susanne Mohr
Copyright © 2010 Daniel P. K. Ng. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alleboena Satyanarayana, Nagalla Balakrishna, Sujatha Pitla, Paduru Yadagiri Reddy, Sivaprasad Mudili, Pratti Lopamudra, Palla Suryanarayana, Kalluru Viswanath, Radha Ayyagari, and Geereddy Bhanuprakash Reddy, “Status of B-Vitamins and Homocysteine in Diabetic Retinopathy: Association with Vitamin-B12 Deficiency and Hyperhomocysteinemia,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 11, 2011.
- Diler Aslan, “Biomarkers for Diabetes Complications: The Results of Several Clinical Studies,” Journal of Medical Biochemistry, vol. 30, no. 3, 2011.
- Marla B. Sultan, Carla Starita, and Kui Huang, “Epidemiology, risk factors and management of paediatric diabetic retinopathy,” British Journal Of Ophthalmology, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 312–317, 2012.
- Ines Cilenšek, Sara Mankoc, Mojca Globocnik Petrovic, and Daniel Petrovic, “The 4a/4a genotype of the VNTR polymorphism for endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene predicts risk for proliferative diabetic retinopathy in Slovenian patients (Caucasians) with type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 7061–7067, 2012.
- Y. H. Wu, Y. Wang, M. Chen, X. Zhang, D. Wang, Y. Pan, L. Li, D. Liu, and M. X. Dai, “Association of ELMO1 gene polymorphisms with diabetic nephropathy in Chinese population,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 298–302, 2013.
- Kent D. Taylor, Xiuqing Guo, Chang-Hsun Hsieh, Chia-Po Fu, Jerome I. Rotter, Yii-Der I. Chen, Wen-Jane Lee, Mark O. Goodarzi, Ronald Klein, Shin-Yi Lin, Jane Z. Kuo, I-Te Lee, Hin-Yeung Tsai, Wayne H. -H. Sheu, Barbara E. K. Klein, Eli Ipp, Yi-Jen Hung, and J. -S. Wang, “Genome-wide association study in a Chinese population with diabetic retinopathy,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 22, no. 15, pp. 3165–3173, 2013.
- Daniel Petrovič, “Candidate Genes for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Ramon Casanova, Santiago Saldana, Emily Y. Chew, Ronald P. Danis, Craig M. Greven, and Walter T. Ambrosius, “Application of Random Forests Methods to Diabetic Retinopathy Classification Analyses,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 6, 2014.
- Yu Deng, Xiu-fen Yang, Hong Gu, Apiradee Lim, Munkhtulga Ulziibat, Torkel Snellingen, Jun Xu, Kai Ma, and Ning-pu Liu, “Association of C(-106)T Polymorphism in Aldose Reductase Gene with Diabetic Retinopathy in Chinese Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus,” Chinese Medical Sciences Journal, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Joana F. Fangueiro, Amélia M. Silva, Maria L. Garcia, and Eliana B. Souto, “Current nanotechnology approaches for the treatment and management of Diabetic Retinopathy,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2014.
- Jane Z. Kuo, and Tien Y. Wong, “Challenges in Elucidating the Genetics of Diabetic Retinopathy,” Jama Ophthalmology, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 96–107, 2014.
- Danfeng Peng, Jie Wang, Rong Zhang, Feng Jiang, Shanshan Tang, Miao Chen, Jing Yan, Xue Sun, Shiyun Wang, Tao Wang, Dandan Yan, Yuqian Bao, Cheng Hu, and Weiping Jia, “Common variants in or near ZNRF1, COLEC12, SCYL1BP1 and API5 are associated with diabetic retinopathy in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes,” Diabetologia, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1231–1238, 2015.
- Minwen Zhou, Pengfei Zhang, Xun Xu, and Xiaodong Sun, “The Relationship Between Aldose Reductase C106T Polymorphism and Diabetic Retinopathy: An Updated Meta-Analysis,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 2279–2289, 2015.
- Danfeng Peng, Jie Wang, Rong Zhang, Shanshan Tang, Feng Jiang, Miao Chen, Jing Yan, Xue Sun, Tao Wang, Shiyun Wang, Yuqian Bao, Cheng Hu, and Weiping Jia, “C-reactive protein genetic variant is associated with diabetic retinopathy in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes,” Bmc Endocrine Disorders, vol. 15, 2015.
- G. Bhanuprakash Reddy, M. Sivaprasad, T. Shalini, A. Satyanarayana, M. Seshacharyulu, N. Balakrishna, K. Viswanath, and Manisha Sahay, “Plasma vitamin D status in type 2 diabetes patients with and without retinopathy,” Nutrition, 2015.