- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 608751, 8 pages
Diabetic Cataract—Pathogenesis, Epidemiology and Treatment
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18-20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Received 11 December 2009; Accepted 2 April 2010
Academic Editor: Mark Petrash
Copyright © 2010 Andreas Pollreisz and Ursula Schmidt-Erfurth. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zehra Hashim, and Shamshad Zarina, “Advanced glycation end products in diabetic and non-diabetic human subjects suffering from cataract,” Age, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 377–384, 2011.
- Yun Mi Lee, Jin Sook Kim, Young Sook Kim, and Nan Hee Kim, “Preventive Effect of Chlorogenic Acid on Lens Opacity and Cytotoxicity in H uman Lens Epithelial Cells,” Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 925–928, 2011.
- Line D. Rasmussen, Line Kessel, Laleh D. Molander, Court Pedersen, Jan Gerstoft, Gitte Kronborg, and Niels Obel, “Risk of Cataract Surgery in HIV-Infected Individuals: A Danish Nationwide P opulation-Based Cohort Study,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 1156–1163, 2011.
- Anne Vejux, Mohammad Samadi, and Gérard Lizard, “Contribution of Cholesterol and Oxysterols in the Physiopathology of Cataract: Implication for the Development of Pharmacological Treatments,” Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–6, 2011.
- Eydis Olafsdottir, Dan K. G. Andersson, and Einar Stefansson, “The prevalence of cataract in a population with and without type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 334–340, 2012.
- Michael J. Goldacre, Clare J. Wotton, and Tiarnan D. L. Keenan, “Risk of selected eye diseases in people admitted to hospital for hypertensi on or diabetes mellitus: record linkage studies,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 872–876, 2012.
- Mohammad Shahidullah, Amritlal Mandal, and Nicholas A. Delamere, “TRPV4 in porcine lens epithelium regulates hemichannel-mediated ATP release and Na-K-ATPase activity,” American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, vol. 302, no. 12, pp. C1751–C1761, 2012.
- Kate L. Moreau, and Jonathan A. King, “Protein misfolding and aggregation in cataract disease and prospects for pr evention,” Trends in Molecular Medicine, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 273–282, 2012.
- Yu-Wen Hsu, Shang-Min Yeh, Ya-Yu Chen, Yi-Chen Chen, Shiun-Long Lin, and Jung-Kai Tseng, “Protective effects of taurine against alloxan-induced diabetic cataracts and refraction changes in New Zealand White rabbits,” Experimental Eye Research, vol. 103, pp. 71–77, 2012.
- Xiaoyong Wei, Dan Chen, Yanchun Yi, Hui Qi, Xinxin Gao, Hua Fang, Qiong Gu, Ling Wang, and Lianquan Gu, “Syringic Acid Extracted from Herba dendrobii Prevents Diabetic Cataract Pathogenesis by Inhibiting Aldose Reductase Activity,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Yiming Li, Van H. Tran, Colin C. Duke, and Basil D. Roufogalis, “Preventive and Protective Properties of Zingiber officinale (Ginger) in Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetic Complications, and Associated Lipid and Other Metabolic Disorders: A Brief Review,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Haleh Ghaem Maralani, Bee Choo Tai, Tien Y. Wong, E. Shyong Tai, Jialiang Li, Jie Jin Wang, and Paul Mitchell, “Metabolic Syndrome and Risk of Age-Related Cataract over Time: An Analysis of Interval-Censored Data Using a Random-Effects Model,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 641–646, 2013.
- Tânia Melo, Eduarda M. P. Silva, Cláudia Simões, Pedro Domingues, and M. Rosário M. Domingues, “Photooxidation of glycated and non-glycated phosphatidylethanolamines monitored by mass spectrometry,” Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 68–78, 2013.