- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 746978, 10 pages
NADPH Oxidase versus Mitochondria-Derived ROS in Glucose-Induced Apoptosis of Pericytes in Early Diabetic Retinopathy
1Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM), 52109 Kepong, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
2Cardiovascular Division, GKT School of Biomedical & Health Sciences, King's College London, Guy's Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
3Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, Peninsula Medical School, St Luke's Campus, Exeter EX1 2LU, UK
Received 1 January 2010; Revised 29 March 2010; Accepted 23 April 2010
Academic Editor: Renu A. Kowluru
Copyright © 2010 Nik M. Mustapha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Samuel Quimby, and Robert Fern, “Novel morphological features of developing white matter pericytes and rapid scavenging of reactive oxygen species in the neighbouring endothelia,” Journal of Anatomy, vol. 219, no. 1, pp. 65–77, 2011.
- Fatiha Tabet, Gilles Lambert, Luisa F. Cuesta Torres, Liming Hou, Irene Sotirchos, Rhian M. Touyz, Alicia J. Jenkins, Philip J. Barter, and Kerry-Anne Rye, “Lipid-Free Apolipoprotein A-I and Discoidal Reconstituted High-Density Lipo proteins Differentially Inhibit Glucose-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human M acrophages,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 1192–U644, 2011.
- Satish K. Srivastava, Umesh C.S. Yadav, Aramati B.M. Reddy, Ashish Saxena, Ravinder Tammali, Mohammad Shoeb, Naseem H. Ansari, Aruni Bhatnagar, Mark J. Petrash, Sanjay Srivastava, and Kota V. Ramana, “Aldose reductase inhibition suppresses oxidative stress-induced inflammatory disorders,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, vol. 191, no. 1-3, pp. 330–338, 2011.
- V. Cifarelli, X. Geng, A. Styche, R. Lakomy, M. Trucco, and P. Luppi, “C-peptide reduces high-glucose-induced apoptosis of endothelial cells and d ecreases NAD(P)H-oxidase reactive oxygen species generation in human aortic endothelial cells,” Diabetologia, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 2702–2712, 2011.
- Radhika Kapoor, and Poonam Kakkar, “Protective Role of Morin, a Flavonoid, against High Glucose Induced Oxidati ve Stress Mediated Apoptosis in Primary Rat Hepatocytes,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 8, 2012.
- Sergey Lupachyk, Roman Stavniichuk, Julia I. Komissarenko, Viktor R. Drel, Alexander A. Obrosov, Azza B. El-Remessy, Pal Pacher, and Irina G. Obrosova, “Na+/H+-exchanger-1 inhibition counteracts diabetic cataract formation and r etinal oxidative-nitrative stress and apoptosis,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 989–998, 2012.
- Qin Shen, Jim Wu, and Jason C. Wong, “Potential drug interventions for diabetic retinopathy,” Drug Discovery Today, 2013.
- Shing Hwa Liu, Wayne Huey Herng Sheu, Maw Rong Lee, Wen Jane Lee, Yu Chiao Yi, Tzung Jie Yang, Jen Fon Jen, Hung Chuan Pan, Chin Chang Shen, Wen Bao Chen, Hsing Ru Tien, and Meei Ling Sheu, “Advanced glycation end product N epsilon-carboxymethyllysine induces endoth elial cell injury: the involvement of SHP-1-regulated VEGFR-2 dephosphoryla tion,” Journal of Pathology, vol. 230, no. 2, pp. 215–227, 2013.
- R. Dornetshuber-Fleiss, P. Heffeter, T. Mohr, P. Hazemi, K. Kryeziu, C. Seger, W. Berger, and R. Lemmens-Gruber, “Destruxins: Fungal-derived Cyclohexadepsipeptides with Multifaceted Anticancer and Antiangiogenic Activities,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 2013.
- Jennifer L. Wilkinson-Berka, Indrajeetsinh Rana, Roksana Armani, and Alex Agrotis, “Reactive oxygen species, Nox and angiotensin II in angiogenesis: implicatio ns for retinopathy,” Clinical Science, vol. 124, no. 9-10, pp. 597–615, 2013.
- Timo Kahles, and Ralf P. Brandes, “Which NADPH Oxidase Isoform Is Relevant for Ischemic Stroke? The Case for N ox 2,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1400–1417, 2013.
- Subhadip Choudhuri, Deep Dutta, Imran H. Chowdhury, Bhaskar Mitra, Aditi Sen, Lakshmi K. Mandal, Satinath Mukhopadhyay, and Basudev Bhattacharya, “Association of hyperglycemia mediated increased advanced glycation and erythrocyte antioxidant enzyme activity in different stages of diabetic retinopathy,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2013.
- Ji Chen, Xiang Xiao, Shuzhen Chen, Cheng Zhang, Jianying Chen, Dan Yi, Vinayak Shenoy, Mohan K. Raizada, Bin Zhao, and Yanfang Chen, “Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 Priming Enhances the Function of Endothelia l Progenitor Cells and Their Therapeutic Efficacy,” Hypertension, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 681–689, 2013.
- Radhika Kapoor, Fatima Rizvi, and Poonam Kakkar, “Naringenin prevents high glucose-induced mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in volving AIF, Endo-G and caspases,” Apoptosis, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 9–27, 2013.
- E S Shin, Q Huang, Z Gurel, T L Palenski, I Zaitoun, C M Sorenson, and N Sheibani, “STAT1-mediated Bim expression promotes the apoptosis of retinal pericytes under high glucose conditions,” Cell Death and Disease, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. e986, 2014.
- Britta Fischer, Petra Heffeter, Kushtrim Kryeziu, Lars Gille, Samuel M. Meier, Walter Berger, Christian R. Kowol, and Bernhard K. Keppler, “Poly(lactic acid) nanoparticles of the lead anticancer ruthenium compound KP1019 and its surfactant-mediated activation,” Dalton Transactions, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 1096, 2014.