- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 571748, 4 pages
Combined Idiopathic Macular Hole Vitrectomy with Phacoemulsification without Face-Down Positioning
Department of Ophthalmology, Toho University Ohashi Medical Center, 2-17-6 Ohashi, Meguro, Tokyo 153-8515, Japan
Received 12 August 2011; Accepted 11 December 2011
Academic Editor: Denise Hug
Copyright © 2012 Fumihiko Yagi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. E. Kelly and R. T. Wendel, “Vitreous surgery for idiopathic macular holes: results of a pilot study,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 654–659, 1991.
- N. M. Holekamp, T. A. Meredith, M. B. Landers et al., “Ulnar neuropathy as a complication of macular hole surgery,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 117, no. 12, pp. 1607–1610, 1999.
- J. M. Vincent, G. A. Peyman, and R. Ratnakaram, “Bilateral ulnar decubitus as a complication of macular hole surgery,” Ophthalmic Surgery Lasers and Imaging, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 485–486, 2003.
- P. E. Tornambe, L. S. Poliner, and K. Grote, “Macular hole surgery without face-down positioning: a pilot study,” Retina, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 179–185, 1997.
- F. Yagi, Y. Sato, S. Takagi, and G. Tomita, “Idiopathic macular hole vitrectomy without postoperative face-down positioning,” Japanese Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 215–218, 2009.
- J. D. M. Gass, “Reappraisal of biomicroscopic classification of stages of development of a macular hole,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 119, no. 6, pp. 752–759, 1995.
- A. Guillaubey, L. Malvitte, P. O. Lafontaine et al., “Comparison of face-down and seated position after idiopathic macular hole surgery: a randomized clinical trial,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 128–134.e1, 2008.
- P. R. Simcock and S. Scalia, “Phacovitrectomy without prone posture for full thickness macular holes,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 1316–1319, 2001.
- I. M. Madgula and M. Costen, “Functional outcome and patient preferences following combined phaco-vitrectomy for macular hole without prone posturing,” Eye, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1050–1053, 2008.
- G. Heath and R. Rahman, “Combined 23-gauge, sutureless transconjunctival vitrectomy with phacoemulsification without face down posturing for the repair of idiopathic macular holes,” Eye, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 214–221, 2010.
- J. T. Thompson, B. M. Glaser, R. N. Sjaarda, and R. P. Murphy, “Progression of nuclear sclerosis and long-term visual results of vitrectomy with transforming growth factor beta-2 for macular holes,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 48–54, 1995.
- Y. O. Grusha, S. Masket, and K. M. Miller, “Phacoemulsification and lens implantation after pars plana vitrectomy,” Ophthalmology, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 287–294, 1998.
- J. H. Miller, J. M. Googe Jr., and J. C. Hoskins, “Combined macular hole and cataract surgery,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 123, no. 5, pp. 705–707, 1997.
- A. V. Kotecha, S. H. Sinclair, A. K. Gupta, and R. Tipperman, “Pars plana vitrectomy for macular holes combined with cataract extraction and lens implantation,” Ophthalmic Surgery and Lasers, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 387–393, 2000.
- V. D. Lacalle, F. J. O. Garate, N. M. Alday, J. A. L. Garrido, and J. A. Agesta, “Phacoemulsification cataract surgery in vitrectomized eyes,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 806–809, 1998.
- K. Hotta, A. Hirakata, K. Shinoda, D. Miki, and T. Hida, “Posterior segment complications after macular hole surgery,” Journal of Japanese Ophthalmological Society, vol. 101, no. 10, pp. 808–813, 1997.