- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 576712, 5 pages
Adverse Effects of Systemic Immunosuppression in Keratolimbal Allograft
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1855 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Received 10 November 2011; Accepted 22 December 2011
Academic Editor: Andrew G. Lee
Copyright © 2012 M. Krakauer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Y. Kim, A. R. Djalilian, G. S. Schwartz, and E. J. Holland, “Ocular surface reconstruction: limbal stem cell transplantation,” Ophthalmology Clinics of North America, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 67–77, 2003.
- E. J. Holland, A. R. Djalilian, and G. S. Schwartz, “Management of aniridic keratopathy with keratolimbal allograft: a limbal stem cell transplantation technique,” Ophthalmology, vol. 110, no. 1, pp. 125–130, 2003.
- H. Ekberg, H. Tedesco-Silva, A. Demirbas et al., “Reduced exposure to calcineurin inhibitors in renal transplantation,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 25, pp. 2562–2575, 2007.
- M. D. Denton, C. C. Magee, and M. H. Sayegh, “Immunosuppressive strategies in transplantation,” The Lancet, vol. 353, no. 9158, pp. 1083–1091, 1999.
- J. M. Biber, H. M. Skeens, K. D. Neff, and E. J. Holland, “The cincinnati procedure: technique and outcomes of combined living-related conjunctival limbal allografts and keratolimbal allografts in severe ocular surface failure,” Cornea, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 765–771, 2011.
- R. R. Alloway, G. Mogilishetty, L. Cole, et al., “Ocular surface transplant recipients experience fewer immunosuppression complications than renal transplant recipients: implications for facial and composite tissue transplantation,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 455, p. 266, 2007.
- L. Liang, H. Sheha, and S. C. G. Tseng, “Long-term outcomes of keratolimbal allograft for total limbal stem cell deficiency using combined immunosuppressive agents and correction of ocular surface deficits,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 127, no. 11, pp. 1428–1434, 2009.
- J. H. Kempen, E. Daniel, J. P. Dunn et al., “Overall and cancer related mortality among patients with ocular inflammation treated with immunosuppressive drugs: retrospective cohort study.,” British Medical Journal, vol. 339, article b2480, 2009.
- R. O. Kaçmaz, J. H. Kempen, C. Newcomb et al., “Cyclosporine for ocular inflammatory diseases,” Ophthalmology, vol. 117, no. 3, pp. 576–584, 2010.
- E. Daniel, J. E. Thorne, C. W. Newcomb et al., “Mycophenolate mofetil for ocular inflammation,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. 423–e2, 2010.
- A. Joseph, D. Raj, V. Shanmuganathan, R. J. Powell, and H. S. Dua, “Tacrolimus immunosuppression in high-risk corneal grafts,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 51–55, 2007.
- T. Reinhard, A. Reis, D. Böhringer et al., “Systemic mycophenolate mofetil in comparison with systemic cyclosporin A in high-risk keratoplasty patients: 3 years' results of a randomized prospective clinical trial,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 239, no. 5, pp. 367–372, 2001.
- A. C. Poon, J. E. Forbes, J. K. G. Dart et al., “Systemic cyclosporin A in high risk penetrating keratoplasties: a case-control study,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 85, no. 12, pp. 1464–1469, 2001.
- T. Reinhard, H. Spelsberg, L. Henke et al., “Long-term results of allogeneic penetrating limbo-keratoplasty in total limbal stem cell deficiency,” Ophthalmology, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. 775–782, 2004.
- H. Spelsberg, T. Reinhard, L. Henke, P. Berschick, and R. Sundmacher, “Penetrating limbo-keratoplasty for granular and lattice corneal dystrophy: survival of donor limbal stem cells and intermediate-term clinical results,” Ophthalmology, vol. 111, no. 8, pp. 1528–1533, 2004.