- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 642869, 5 pages
Baseline Factors Predictive of SLT Response: A Prospective Study
1Department of Ophthalmology, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
2Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
Received 25 February 2012; Accepted 13 May 2012
Academic Editor: Andrew G. Lee
Copyright © 2012 Robin Bruen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Latina, S. A. Sibayan, D. H. Shin, R. J. Noecker, and G. Marcellino, “Q-switched 532-nm Nd:YAG laser trabeculoplasty (selective laser trabeculoplasty): a multicenter, pilot, clinical study,” Ophthalmology, vol. 105, no. 11, pp. 2082–2090, 1998.
- L. J. Katz, W. C. Steinmann, A. Kabir, J. Molineaux, S. S. Wizov, and G. Marcellino, “Selective laser trabeculoplasty versus medical therapy as initial treatment of glaucoma: a prospective, randomized trial,” Journal of Glaucoma. In press.
- I. McIlraith, M. Strasfeld, G. Colev, and C. M. L. Hutnik, “Selective laser trabeculoplasty as initial and adjunctive treatment for open-angle glaucoma,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 124–130, 2006.
- J. S. M. Lai, J. K. H. Chua, C. C. Y. Tham, and D. S. C. Lam, “Five-year follow up of selective laser trabeculoplasty in Chinese eyes,” Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 368–372, 2004.
- M. Nagar, A. Ogunyomade, D. P. S. O'Brart, F. Howes, and J. Marshall, “A randomised, prospective study comparing selective laser trabeculoplasty with latanoprost for the control of intraocular pressure in ocular hypertension and open angle glaucoma,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 89, no. 11, pp. 1413–1417, 2005.
- M. Mahdy, “Efficacy and safety of selective laser trabeculoplasty as a primary procedure for controlling intraocular pressure in primary open angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensive patients,” Sultan Qaboos University Medical Sciences Journal, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 53–58, 2008.
- M. A. Latina and J. M. S. De Leon, “The effect of topical glaucoma medication on the efficacy of SLT,” Glaucoma Today, pp. 31–33, 2004.
- W. J. Scherer, “Effect of topical prostaglandin analog use on outcome following selective laser trabeculoplasty,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 503–512, 2007.
- D. Singh, M. A. Coote, F. O'Hare et al., “Topical prostaglandin analogues do not affect selective laser trabeculoplasty outcomes,” Eye, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2194–2199, 2009.
- N. Kara, C. Altan, B. Satana et al., “Comparison of selective laser trabeculoplasty success in patients treated with either prostaglandin or timolol/dorzolamide fixed combination,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 339–342, 2011.
- S. S. Bylsma, J. R. Samples, T. S. Ascott, and M. Van Buskirk, “Trabecular cell division after argon laser trabeculoplasty,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 544–547, 1988.
- J. B. Wise, “Glaucoma treatment by trabecular tightening with the argon laser,” International Ophthalmology Clinics, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 69–78, 1981.
- J. M. Bradley, A. M. Anderssohn, C. M. Colvis, et al., “Mediation of laser trabeculoplasty-induced matrix metalloproteinase expression by IL-1beta and TNFalpha,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 422–430, 2000.
- M. Cellini, P. Leonetti, E. Strobbe, and E. C. Campos, “Matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors after selective laser trabeculoplasty in pseudoexfoliative secondary glaucoma,” BMC Ophthalmology, vol. 21, no. 8, article 20, 2008.
- C. B. Toris, C. B. Camras, M. E. Yablonski, and R. F. Brubaker, “Effects of exogenous prostaglandins on aqueous humor dynamics and blood-aqueous barrier function,” Survey of Ophthalmology, vol. 41, supplement 2, pp. S69–S75, 1997.
- C. K. Bahler, K. G. Howell, C. R. Hann, M. P. Fautsch, and D. H. Johnson, “Prostaglandins increase trabecular meshwork outflow facility in cultured human anterior segments,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 145, no. 1, pp. 114–119, 2008.
- J. A. Alvarado, R. Iguchi, J. Martinez, S. Trivedi, and A. S. Shifera, “Similar effects of selective laser trabeculoplasty and prostaglandin analogs on the permeability of cultured schlemm canal cells,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 150, no. 2, pp. 254–264, 2010.
- K. M. Rhodes, R. Weinstein, R. M. Saltzmann et al., “Intraocular pressure reduction in the untreated fellow eye after selective laser trabeculoplasty,” Current Medical Research and Opinion, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 787–796, 2009.
- W. G. Hodge, K. F. Damji, W. Rock, R. Buhrmann, A. M. Bovell, and Y. Pan, “Baseline IOP predicts selective laser trabeculoplasty success at 1 year post-treatment: results from a randomised clinical trial,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1157–1160, 2005.
- E. Martow, C. M. L. Hutnik, and A. Mao, “SLT and adjunctive medical therapy: a prediction rule analysis,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 266–270, 2011.
- M. Shibata, T. Sugiyama, O. Ishida et al., “Clinical results of selective laser trabeculoplasty in open-angle glaucoma in Japanese eyes: comparison of 180 degree with 360 degree SLT,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 17–21, 2012.
- P. J. Harasymowycz, D. G. Papamatheakis, M. Latina, M. De Leon, M. R. Lesk, and K. F. Damji, “Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT) complicated by intraocular pressure elevation in eyes with heavily pigmented trabecular meshworks,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 139, no. 6, pp. 1110–1113, 2005.
- J. A. Alvarado, R. Iguchi, R. Juster, J. A. Chen, and A. S. Shifera, “From the bedside to the bench and back again: predicting and improving the outcomes of SLT glaucoma therapy,” Transactions of the American Ophthalmological Society, vol. 107, pp. 167–181, 2009.