- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 740591, 4 pages
Development of Macular Holes after Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment Repair in Japanese Patients
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Inohana 1-8-1, Chuo-ku, Chiba 260-8670, Japan
Received 26 July 2011; Accepted 12 October 2011
Academic Editor: Edward Manche
Copyright © 2012 Mamiko Shibata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. D. Gass, “Idiopathic senile macular hole. Its early stages and pathogenesis,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 629–639, 1988.
- R. N. Johnson and J. D. Gass, “Idiopathic macular holes. Observation, stages of formation, and implications for surgical intervention,” Ophthalmology, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 917–924, 1988.
- D. R. Guyer, W. R. Green, S. de Bustros, and S. L. Fine, “Histopathologic features of idiopathic macular holes and cysts,” Ophthalmology, vol. 97, no. 8, pp. 1045–1051, 1990.
- M. Altaweel and M. Ip, “Macular hole: improved understanding of pathogenesis, staging, and management based on optical coherence tomography,” Seminars in Ophthalmology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 58–66, 2003.
- W. J. Lipham and W. E. Smiddy, “Idiopathic macular hole following vitrectomy: implications for pathogenesis,” Ophthalmic Surgery and Lasers, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 633–639, 1997.
- H. G. Sheth and J. Bainbridge, “Development of full-thickness macular hole despite previous posterior vitreous detachment and vitrectomy for retinal detachment: two cases,” European Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1025–1027, 2008.
- G. C. Brown, “Macular hole following rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 106, no. 6, pp. 765–766, 1988.
- A. A. Moshfeghi, G. A. Salam, V. A. Deramo et al., “Management of macular holes that develop after retinal detachment repair,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 136, no. 5, pp. 895–899, 2003.
- R. V. Campo, J. O. Sipperley, S. R. Sneed et al., “Pars plana vitrectomy without scleral buckle for pseudophakic retinal detachments,” Ophthalmology, vol. 106, no. 9, pp. 1811–1816, 1999.
- M. Benzerroug, O. Genevois, K. Siahmed, Z. Nasser, M. Muraine, and G. Brasseur, “Results of surgery on macular holes that develop after rhegmatogenous retinal detachment,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 217–219, 2008.
- S. Takagi, F. Yagi, Y. Kita, and G. Tomita, “Macular hole performing from treated rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD),” Folia Japonica de Ophthalmologica Clinica, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 901–904, 2008 (Japanese).
- W. E. Smiddy, “Atypical presentations of macular holes,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 626–631, 1993.