- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 813085, 5 pages
Inferior Oblique Muscle Weakening: Is It Possible to Quantify Its Effects on Horizontal Deviations?
1Department of Ophthalmology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
2Department of Biostatistics, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Received 22 September 2012; Revised 29 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Andrew G. Lee
Copyright © 2012 Hande Taylan Sekeroglu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. E. Wilson, M. M. Parks, and R. L. Price, “Primary inferior oblique overaction in congenital esotropia, accommodative esotropia, and intermittent exotropia,” Ophthalmology, vol. 96, no. 7, pp. 950–957, 1989.
- M. Goldchmit, S. Felberg, and C. Souza-Dias, “Unilateral anterior transposition of the inferior oblique muscle for correction of hypertropia in primary position,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 241–243, 2003.
- D. R. Stager Jr., X. Wang, D. R. Stager, G. R. Beauchamp, and J. Felius, “Nasal myectomy of the inferior oblique muscles for recurrent elevation in adduction,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 462–465, 2004.
- N. Ela-Dalman, F. G. Velez, J. Felius, D. R. Stager, and A. L. Rosenbaum, “Inferior oblique muscle fixation to the orbital wall: a profound weakening procedure,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2007.
- D. M. Squirrell, K. S. Sears, and J. P. Burke, “Reexploration and inferior oblique myectomy temporal to the inferior rectus to treat persistent inferior oblique overaction,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 48–51, 2007.
- M. A. Fard, “Anterior and nasal transposition of the inferior oblique muscle for dissociated vertical deviation associated with inferior oblique muscle overaction,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 35–38, 2010.
- K. Kumar, H. N. Prasad, S. Monga, and R. Bhola, “Hang-back recession of inferior oblique muscle in V-pattern strabismus with inferior oblique overaction,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 401–404, 2008.
- G. R. Diamond and M. M. Parks, “The effect of superior oblique weakening procedures on primary position horizontal alignment,” Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 35–38, 1981.
- N. Minguini, K. M. Monteiro De Carvalho, L. C. De Araújo, and C. Crosta, “Anterior transposition compared to graded recession of the inferior oblique muscle for V-pattern strabismus,” Strabismus, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 221–225, 2004.
- T. Shipman and J. Burke, “Unilateral inferior oblique muscle myectomy and recession in the treatment of inferior oblique muscle overaction: a longitudinal study,” Eye, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 1013–1018, 2003.
- S. Ghazawy, A. R. Reddy, A. Kipioti, P. McShane, S. Arora, and J. A. Bradbury, “Myectomy versus anterior transposition for inferior oblique overaction,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 601–605, 2007.
- C. Souza-Dias, “Horizontal effect of the surgical weakening of the oblique muscles,” Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia, vol. 74, pp. 180–183, 2011.
- D. R. Stager Jr., G. R. Beauchamp, W. W. Wright, and J. Felius, “Anterior and nasal transposition of the inferior oblique muscles,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 167–173, 2003.