- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 891839, 5 pages
One-Haptic Fixation of Posterior Chamber Intraocular Lenses without Scleral Flaps
Ophthalmic Center, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, P.O. Box 35516, Mansoura, Egypt
Received 8 April 2012; Revised 25 June 2012; Accepted 2 July 2012
Academic Editor: David A. Wilkie
Copyright © 2012 Ashraf I. Moawad and Asaad A. Ghanem. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Eryildirim, “Knotless scleral fixation for implanting a posterior chamber intraocular lens,” Ophthalmic Surgery, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 82–84, 1995.
- M. D. Wagoner, T. A. Cox, R. G. Ariyasu, D. S. Jacobs, and C. L. Karp, “Intraocular lens implantation in the absence of capsular support: a report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology,” Ophthalmology, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 840–859, 2003.
- R. S. Hoffman, I. H. Fine, M. Packer, and I. Rozenberg, “Scleral fixation using suture retrieval through a scleral tunnel,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1259–1263, 2006.
- R. Grigorian, J. Chang, M. Zarbin, and L. Del Priore, “A new technique for suture fixation of posterior chamber intraocular lenses that eliminates intraocular knots,” Ophthalmology, vol. 110, no. 7, pp. 1349–1356, 2003.
- K. Hayashi, H. Hayashi, F. Nakao, and F. Hayashi, “Intraocular lens tilt and decentration, anterior chamber depth, and refractive error after trans-scleral suture fixation surgery,” Ophthalmology, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 878–882, 1999.
- B. J. Vote, P. Tranos, C. Bunce, D. G. Charteris, and L. Da Cruz, “Long-term outcome of combined pars plana vitrectomy and scleral fixated sutured posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 308–312, 2006.
- J. C. Schmidt, G. W. Nietgen, L. Freisberg, and N. N. Neisskenwirth, “Modified transscleral suture for sulcus fixation of posterior chamber lenses,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 15–17, 2002.
- G. B. Scharioth, S. Prasad, I. Georgalas, C. Tataru, and M. Pavlidis, “Intermediate results of sutureless intrascleral posterior chamber intraocular lens fixation,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 254–259, 2010.
- R. Bellucci, V. Pucci, S. Morselli, and L. Bonomi, “Secondary implantation of angle-supported anterior chamber and scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lenses,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 247–252, 1996.
- F. W. Price and M. Wellemeyer, “Transscleral fixation of posterior chamber intraocular lenses,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 567–573, 1995.
- E. J. Holland, A. R. Djalilian, and J. Pederson, “Gonioscopic evaluation of haptic position in transsclerally sutured posterior chamber lenses,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 411–413, 1997.
- S. X. Chen, L. R. Lee, F. Sii, and A. Rowley, “Modified cow-hitch suture fixation of transscleral sutured posterior chamber intraocular lenses: long-term safety and efficacy,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 452–458, 2008.
- T. G. Chu and R. L. Green, “Suprachoroidal hemorrhage,” Survey of Ophthalmology, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 471–486, 1999.
- M. Monteiro, A. Marinho, S. Borges, L. Ribeiro, and C. Correia, “Scleral fixation in eyes with loss of capsule or zonule support,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 573–576, 2007.
- C. P. Lin and H. Y. Tseng, “Suture fixation technique for posterior chamber intraocular lenses,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1401–1404, 2004.
- Q. Han and Y. Chu, “Combined suture-in-needle and scleral tunnel technique for scleral fixation of intraocular lens,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1362–1365, 2007.
- L. López-Guajardo and J. Benítez-Herreros, “Sulcus fixation of an intraocular lens by means of haptic insertions in scleral tunnels: results at one year,” Archivos de la Sociedad Espanola de Oftalmologia, vol. 85, no. 8, pp. 278–280, 2010.