- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 209401, 5 pages
Comparison of Wide Conjunctival Flap and Conjunctival Autografting Techniques in Pterygium Surgery
Ophthalmology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Sutcu Imam University, 46100 Kahramanmaraş, Turkey
Received 4 November 2012; Accepted 31 January 2013
Academic Editor: Michel Eid Farah
Copyright © 2013 Lokman Aslan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. G. Waller and A. P. Adamis, “Ptergium,” in Duane’s Clinical Ophthalomology, W. Tasman and E. A. Jaeger, Eds., vol. 6, chapter 35, Lippincott, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1994.
- N. Di Girolamo, J. Chui, M. T. Coroneo, and D. Wakefield, “Pathogenesis of pterygia: role of cytokines, growth factors, and matrix metalloproteinases,” Progress in Retinal and Eye Research, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 195–228, 2004.
- Moran and Hollows, “Pterygium and ultraviolet radiation: a positive correlation,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 343–346, 1984.
- Coroneo, Di Girolamo, and Wakefield, “The pathogenesis of pterygia,” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 282–288, 1999.
- Mackenzie, Hirst, Battistutta, and Green, “Risk analysis in the development of pterygia,” Ophthalmology, vol. 99, no. 7, pp. 1056–1061, 1992.
- M. A. Mahdy and J. Bahatia, “Treatment of primary pterygium. Role of limbal stem cells and conjunctival autograft transplantation,” Oman Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 23–26, 2009.
- H. Taylan Sekeroglu, E. Erdem, N. C. Dogan, M. Yagmur, R. Ersoz, and A. Dogan, “Sutureless amniotic membrane transplantation combined with narrow-strip conjunctival autograft for pterygium,” International Ophthalmology, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 433–438, 2011.
- N. Tananuvat and T. Martin, “The results of amniotic membrane transplantation for primary pterygium compared with conjunctival autograft,” Cornea, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 458–463, 2004.
- I. Mohammed, “Treatment of pterygium,” Annals of African Medicine, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 197–203, 2011.
- E. Turan-Vural, B. Torun-Acar, S. A. Kivanc, and S. Acar, “The effect of topical 0.05% cyclosporine on recurrence following pterygium surgery,” Clinical Ophthalmology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 881–885, 2011.
- O. Enkvetchakul, O. Thanathanee, R. Rangsin, K. Lekhanont, and O. Suwan-Apichon, “A randomized controlled trial of intralesional bevacizumab injection on primary pterygium: preliminary results,” Cornea, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1213–1218, 2011.
- M. R. Fallah, K. Khosravi, M. N. Hashemian, A. H. Beheshtnezhad, M. T. Rajabi, and M. Gohari, “Efficacy of topical bevacizumab for inhibiting growth of impending recurrent pterygium,” Current Eye Research, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2010.
- A. Shenasi, F. Mousavi, S. Shoa-Ahari, B. Rahimi-Ardabili, and R. F. Fouladi, “Subconjunctival bevacizumab immediately after excision of primary pterygium: the first clinical trial,” Cornea, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1219–1222, 2011.
- Walter, “Another look at pterygium surgery with postoperative beta radiation,” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 247–252, 1994.
- A. D’Ombrain, “The surgical treatment of pterygium,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 32, pp. 65–71, 1948.
- S. Çalişkan, M. Orhan, and M. Irkeç, “Intraoperative and postoperative use of mitomycin-C in the treatment of primary pterygium,” Ophthalmic Surgery and Lasers, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 600–604, 1996.
- A. Alpay, S. H. Uǧurbaş, and B. Erdoǧan, “Comparing techniques for pterygium surgery,” Clinical Ophthalmology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 2009.
- M. P. Onay, S. Eǧrilmez, and A. Yaǧci, “Non-recurrence complications of pterygium surgery,” Turk Oftalmoloiji Dergisi, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 151–155, 2011.
- K. Ozülken, M. Koç, O. Ayar, and H. Hasiripi, “Topical cyclosporine An administration after pterygium surgery,” European Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 22, supplement 7, pp. 5–10, 2012.
- A. Kheirkhah, H. Hashemi, M. Adelpour, M. Nikdel, M. B. Rajabi, and M. J. Behrouz, “Randomized trial of pterygium surgery with mitomycin C application using conjunctival autograft versus conjunctival-limbal autograft,” Ophthalmology, vol. 119, no. 2, pp. 227–232, 2012.
- E. D. Donnenfeld, H. D. Perry, S. Fromer, S. Doshi, R. Solomon, and S. Biser, “Subconjunctival mitomycin C as adjunctive therapy before pterygium excision,” Ophthalmology, vol. 110, no. 5, pp. 1012–1016, 2003.
- Rubinfeld, Pfister, Stein et al., “Serious complications of topical mitomycin-C after pterygium surgery,” Ophthalmology, vol. 99, no. 11, pp. 1647–1654, 1992.
- C. M. Yu, W. L. Liang, Y. Y. Huang, and W. W. Guan, “Comparison of clinical efficacy of three surgical methods in the treatment of pterygium,” Yan Ke Xue Bao, vol. 26, pp. 193–196, 2011.
- A. Poonyathalang, P. Preechawat, J. Pomsathit, and P. Mahaisaviriya, “Reconstruction of contracted eye socket with amniotic membrane graft,” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 359–362, 2005.
- G. Koranyi, S. Seregard, and E. D. Kopp, “The cut-and-paste method for primary pterygium surgery: long-term follow-up,” Acta Ophthalmologica Scandinavica, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 298–301, 2005.
- H. Pan, J. Zhong, and C. Jing, “Comparison of fibrin glue versus suture for conjunctival autografting in pterygium surgery: a meta-analysis,” Ophthalmology, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 1049–1054, 2011.
- M. Kaya and M. Tunç, “Vertical conjunctival bridge flaps in pterygium surgery,” Ophthalmic Surgery Lasers and Imaging, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 279–283, 2003.