- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 465169, 9 pages
Choice of Cell Source in Cell-Based Therapies for Retinal Damage due to Age-Related Macular Degeneration: A Review
1The Mary-Yoshio Translational Hexagon (MYTH), Nichi-In Centre for Regenerative Medicine (NCRM), P.O. Box 1262, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034, India
2Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Plot No. 153, Road No. 9, Major Parmeshwaran Road, Opp S.I.W.S. College Gate No. 3, Wadala, Mumbai 400 031, India
3The Light Eye Hospital, No. 39 D, By Pass Road, Dharmapuri Ho, Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636701, India
4Sankara Eye Hospital, Varthur Main Road, Marthahalli, Kundalahalli Gate, Bangalore 560037, India
5Department of Biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522510, India
6Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
7Department of Clinical Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Shimokato, Chuo 409-3898, Japan
Received 7 January 2013; Revised 18 February 2013; Accepted 5 March 2013
Academic Editor: Pierre Lachapelle
Copyright © 2013 Sudhakar John et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Tai-Chi Lin, Chih-Chien Hsu, Ke-Hung Chien, Kuo-Hsuan Hung, Chi-Hsien Peng, and Shih-Jen Chen, “Retinal stem cells and potential cell transplantation treatments,” Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, 2014.
- Janosch P. Heller, and Keith R. Martin, “Enhancing RPE Cell-Based Therapy Outcomes for AMD: The Role of Bruch's Membrane,” Translational Vision Science & Technology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 4, 2014.
- Habib Rezanejad, Zahra-Soheila Soheili, Farhang Haddad, Maryam M. Matin, Shahram Samiei, Ali Manafi, and Hamid Ahmadieh, “In vitro differentiation of adipose-tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells into neural retinal cells through expression of human PAX6 (5a) gene,” Cell and Tissue Research, vol. 356, no. 1, pp. 65–75, 2014.