- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Osteoporosis
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 810697, 4 pages
Bilateral Femoral Insufficiency Fractures Likely Related to Long-Term Alendronate Therapy
Department of Orthopedics, University of Calgary, 711B, 3607-49 ST NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3A 2H3
Received 4 November 2010; Accepted 8 March 2011
Academic Editor: David L. Kendler
Copyright © 2011 Ravindra Gudena et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- EFFO and NOF, “Who are candidates for prevention and treatment for osteoporosis?” Osteoporosis International, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 1997.
- B. A. Lenart, A. S. Neviaser, S. Lyman et al., “Association of low-energy femoral fractures with prolonged bisphosphonate use: a case control study,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1353–1362, 2009.
- A. S. Neviaser, S. K. Goh, J. S. Koh, F. Edobor-Osula, and D. G. Lorich, “Low-energy femoral shaft fractures associated with alendronate use,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 346–350, 2008.
- E. Shane, D. Burr, P. R. Ebeling et al., “Atypical subtrochanteric and diaphyseal femoral fractures: report of a task force of the american society for bone and mineral Research,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 2267–2294, 2010.
- A. S. Sayed-Noor and G. O. Sjödén, “Case reports: two femoral insufficiency fractures after long-term alendronate therapy,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 467, no. 7, pp. 1921–1926, 2009.
- M. Visekruna, D. Wilson, and F. E. McKiernan, “Severely suppressed bone turnover and atypical skeletal fragility,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 2948–2952, 2008.
- C. M. Capeci and N. C. Tejwani, “Bilateral low-energy simultaneous or sequential femoral fractures in patients on long-term alendronate therapy,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. Series A, vol. 91, no. 11, pp. 2556–2561, 2009.
- Y.-C. Ha, M.-R. Cho, K. H. Park, S.-Y. Kim, and K.-H. Koo, “Is surgery necessary for femoral insufficiency fractures after long-term bisphosphonate therapy?” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 468, no. 12, pp. 3393–3398, 2010.